Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 - Laptop freezes while playing.

idata
Employee

Hello Intel.

I'm having a problem with my Intel HD Graphics. Yesterday I was playing World of Warcraft and everything had been fine until I reached a certain zone. Even with all my video options set to minimum the game still freezes (as well as the whole laptop) and I am forced to restart manually. This game is supposed to support Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, so they told me to keep my drivers up to date. The problem is I'm trying to use the Intel(R) driver update utility, and when I auto scan for updates it just shows a blank screen, doesn't even show my current version or anything. I don't know how to manually look for the updates.

My system:

Toshiba Satellite C45-ASP4310FL

Windows 8.1 64-bit.

Processor: Intel Core i3 3110M @ 2.40GHz

Ram: 4 GB

My Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 appears to be on version (10.18.10.3345)

Can you please help me? Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
6 Replies
zzang
Beginner

I have encountered similar problems when gaming cpu heat up

http://cantho60s.com/viec-lam/ viec lam can tho, http://vitinhnhatphat.com/lap-dat-phong-net-bootrom-tron-goi/ lap dat phong net bootrom, http://minbakberlin.com/ tin tuc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Already tried that one. I get something along the lines of: "The driver you are installing is not validated for this system" 😕

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Anyone else got a solution? Please help!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

have you tried reverting back to the factory intel driver(meaning the driver which was installed when you bought the notebook) and then installing the new driver?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi

The error you received when trying to install the latest Intel HD Graphics driver is because your system has a customized graphics driver installed by the manufacturer. They usually modify the driver to enable or disable functions of the driver usually related to power options, docking/undocking behavior, etc. You can try to install the generic Intel driver if you follow these steps exactly. However, you will loose any customizations made in the driver by your manufacturer. If you are not satisfied with the generic driver update you can always reinstall the driver customized for your system. I would also recommend setting a restore point before making any changes. Download the zip file version mentioned in this thread and extract to a folder on your desktop and follow these instructions to overwrite the customized driver.

1. Login with administrator privileges

2. Open Control Panel

3. Open Device Manager

4. Click on "Display adapters"

5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics"

6. Click on the "Driver" tab

7. Click on "Update Driver" button

8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"

9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

10. Click on "Have Disk" button

11. Click "Browse"

12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Intel HD Graphics driver to

13. Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder

14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS</span>

15. Click "OK"

16. Click "Next", Driver should now be installing.

17. If successful, click "Close", Reboot.