Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 problems after reinstaling windows

ILabe
Beginner

Hi!

I have encountered serious problems after I had to format my HDD because my Windows 8 (OEM) ha

d gone corrupt and nothing helped me on reinstalling it...

So i installed my old Windows 7 but now i face serious problems with my graaphic cards and there drivers..

I have a Acer Aspire V3-571G V2.15 which had pre-installed W8 but now it has W7.

Before i reinstalled I had:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 [Display adapter]

NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M [Display adapter]

Generic PnP Monitor (15,3"vis)

But now with the same diagnostic tool I have:

Standard VGA Graphics Adapter [Display adapter] (2x)

Generic PnP Monitor (15,3"vis)

What have I tried:

I tried to install latest drivers for the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 but it always says that my Laptop doesn't meet the minimum requirements...

I tried to install latest NVIDIA GeForce driver for my main video card but the instalation stops and says that I need to instal Intel@ drivers...

So it's a closed loop:

My Pc doesn't recognize my NVIDIA card as a difirent card from Intel one and I cant update any drivers for neither of them...

Any help will be highly appriciated! I have spent ~20h trying to fix/reinstall my windows and this problem with the driverrs is just killing me now...

P.S.

Any tips on other intel drivers are welcome as the Laptop didn't come with any instalation discs (guess that what you get if you buy a pre-installed Laptop from a e-store Q_Q)

More info on my Laptop:

OLD

Operating System System ModelWindows 8 (x64) (build 9200)

Install Language: English (United States)

System Locale: Japanese (Japan)

Installed: 22.07.2013. 21:13:19

Boot Mode: UEFI with successful http://www.belarc.com/secureboot.html Secure Boot

Acer Aspire V3-571G V2.15

System Serial Number: Censored

Chassis Serial Number: Censored

Enclosure Type: Notebook

Processor a Main Circuit Board b2,60 gigahertz Intel Core i5-3230M

64 kilobyte primary memory cache

256 kilobyte secondary memory cache

3072 kilobyte tertiary memory cache

64-bit ready

Multi-core (2 total)

Hyper-threaded (4 total) Board: Acer VA50_HC_CR Type2 - Board Version

Serial Number: NBM6A11001308511433400

Bus Clock: 100 megahertz

UEFI: Insyde Corp. V2.15 03/11/2013Drives Memory Modules c,d749,29 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

429,36 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device [Optical drive]

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT51N [Optical drive]

Hitachi HDT725032VLAT80 USB Device [Hard drive] (320,07 GB) -- drive 1, s/n 11240883

TOSHIBA MQ01ABD075 [Hard drive] (750,16 GB) -- drive 0, s/n 92RAF2Z9S, rev AX003J, http://www.belarc.com/smart.html SMART Status: Healthy 8008 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM0' is Empty

Slot 'DIMM1' is Empty

Slot 'DIMM1' has 8192 MB (serial number 19353A3B)

Slot 'DIMM3' is Empty Local Drive Volumes c: (NTFS on drive 0)749,29 GB429,36 GB free Network Drives <td align=...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Ojars,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with the unit but let me help you with that.

Please note that the drivers we provide are generic drivers for OEM systems so you may encounter this error message when trying to install the driver. However, you can try with the manual driver installation and in that way it should work just fine. Here you have the steps for the manual driver installation:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033915.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033915.htm

In regards the driver for the Nvidia card, I recommend you either contacting the computer manufacture or NVidia so they can provide the drivers specifically designed for your unit.

0 Kudos
ILabe
Beginner

Problem resolved itself.

It seems I was too sleepy, when i stopped updating my PC last night, to notice the fact windows updater was turned off and needed some update to start updating my pc...

Anyways, after I turned auto updates on and it downloaded 147 updates (including Graphic card updates from Intel) my Pc started recognizing the NVIDIA card. In result I could manually update it with the latest driver.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I am happy to hear it got resolved.

0 Kudos