Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 Driver causing app windows to appear black.

dlage
Beginner

Hi. I'm fairly certain I have a problem with my Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 Driver. I've had the issue before but then I could roll back the driver and experienced less issues. (Then my only problem was not being able to watch anything in full-screen on google chrome browser)

I recently updated windows and the option to roll back the driver is now gone, and both google chrome and discord does not function (the windows are just a black block on the screen.)

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
dlage
Beginner

Disabling it entirely makes the problems go away, by the way. It's not an optimal solution though, obviously.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Tony424,

Thank you for joining the Graphics Community. I am really sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

Let's gather more information regarding this behavior in order to address it in the most accurate way, please see below;

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
dlage
Beginner

The one to the left is discord, the one to the right is google chrome.I couldn't find the advanced edit option you mentioned so I took another screenshot, I hope it's not too much trouble. Sorry for having it in swedish as well Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Don't worry, I found the information that I was looking for in your screenshots.

Could you please let me know your computer model?

By any chance, are you aware of the Intel® HD Graphics driver versions you have tested?

Thank you.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
dlage
Beginner

Hi again.

My computers is an Acer Predator G9-791

I previously had the 20.19.15.4352 version. That version did not allow me to use full screen mode in videos etc. (It would cause a full-screen version of a black box like those seen in the screenshot.)

I now use 22.20.16.4691 Those are the only two versions I think I've had.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks /thread/119693 Tony424.

Let's try a couple of Intel® HD Graphics versions;

Use these steps to safely uninstall your current version

1. Open the Device Manager.
  2. Expand the Sound, video and game controllers section.
  3. Find and right-click Intel Display Audio or Intel HDMI Display Audio.
  4. Select Uninstall.
  5. After the uninstall process finishes, reboot the computer.

Then proceed to install the drivers with these steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows...

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
dlage
Beginner

Thank you so much, Amy!

At first it did not work. It would not let me install the 15.60 drivers you linked after I uninstalled the previous drivers, saying I already had the newest driver. I'm guessing it automatically updated my drivers when I uninstalled them and rebooted.

I went into the Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 properties and installed the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter (oldest driver.)

Then it would let me update to the drivers you linked, and I now have no issues. Driver version now says 23.20.16.4849. Google chrome, discord and videos are working fine!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/119693 Tony424, this is great! I am glad to hear your apps are working fine.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos