Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 graphics chip works incorrectly

mardude
Beginner

Hello,
I have been using the Aspire E15 (E5-573G-75CW) notebook for almost 4 years now. Since a few weeks I have problems with my graphics. That means the screen freezes and black image dropouts occur. It also comes to graphic errors, such as coarser pixelation or "colorful checkerboard patterns".
I have already reset the laptop to factory settings and updated all graphics drivers. I noticed that when I use the Microsoft Basic display adapter there are no problems at all, except for the fact that the graphics do not work as smoothly. However, when I reactivate the Intel HD Graphics 5500, the same problems occur with both the new and the old graphics chip drivers.
Please help me!

Translated with xyz  (edited by Community  Manager)

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file (look at the instructions under the reply window).

Doc

0 Kudos
mardude
Beginner

thanks for the quick awnswer

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Have you tried not using Kaspersky?

Doc

0 Kudos
mardude
Beginner

yes, after resetting the laptop, I had not yet installed kaspersky and also had graphic problems

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello mardude, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the problem with the Intel® Graphics controller still persists and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
mardude
Beginner

I have meanwhile updated my bios and still have the same problem

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello mardude, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos