Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel(R) HD Graphics using all dedicated memory

HDGraphics520
Beginner

For some reason my integrated graphics is using all of my dedicated memory, leaving none to the dedicated card

Annotation 2020-07-06 105727.png

Annotation 2020-07-06 105749.png

Annotation 2020-07-06 105854.png

   

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RonaldM_Intel

Hi there,

I would like to jump in and help if that is ok.

Since you have a total of 8 GB of system memory, the maximum size of video memory your Intel Graphics can dynamically assign is 4 GB.

This bears absolutely no relation with the dedicated memory of your Nvidia card, it is entirely different.

I strongly believe the reason why you see "Graphics Memory = 0 MB" is because the Intel® Graphics Command Center may run into issues reading information that is specific to a 3rd party video cards. After all, this Intel tool is designed to interact primarily with Intel Graphics.

As for the Code 43 error, this is mostly on Nvidia's card interaction with the OS. The best recommendation I can provide would be:

1. Uninstall Intel and Nvidia graphics drivers
  2. Restart the computer.
  3. Install the latest Intel drivers first.
  4. Restart the computer
  5. Install the latest Nvidia drivers.

If the issue persists you may need to contact your computer manufacturer because they own the Hybrid graphics implementation on this computer.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should forget about "dedicated" memory. as it means absolutey nothing in today's world.

You should read this:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics.html

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc

0 Kudos
HDGraphics520
Beginner

Here you go. I think it's worth mentioning that my NVidia graphics card is throwing a error 43 code. I really have no idea why, but when I install the generic driver for the Intel(R) HD Graphics the error disappears but I still cannot use the NVidia card.

PS.: I get a different log when I'm seeing the error 43 on the NVidia GPU, I'm attaching this log as well

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi there,

I would like to jump in and help if that is ok.

Since you have a total of 8 GB of system memory, the maximum size of video memory your Intel Graphics can dynamically assign is 4 GB.

This bears absolutely no relation with the dedicated memory of your Nvidia card, it is entirely different.

I strongly believe the reason why you see "Graphics Memory = 0 MB" is because the Intel® Graphics Command Center may run into issues reading information that is specific to a 3rd party video cards. After all, this Intel tool is designed to interact primarily with Intel Graphics.

As for the Code 43 error, this is mostly on Nvidia's card interaction with the OS. The best recommendation I can provide would be:

1. Uninstall Intel and Nvidia graphics drivers
  2. Restart the computer.
  3. Install the latest Intel drivers first.
  4. Restart the computer
  5. Install the latest Nvidia drivers.

If the issue persists you may need to contact your computer manufacturer because they own the Hybrid graphics implementation on this computer.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

HDGraphics520
Beginner

Thanks for your response, now I understand the memory that the intel GPU is showing, unfortunately that did not solve the error 43 issue, I'll try contacting the the computer manufacterer, thanks again!

0 Kudos