Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel(R) PCIe Controller (x16) - 1901

IcedSparrowHead
Beginner

Says i need to update Intel(R) PCIe Controller (x16) - 1901 and when i go through it i get a error. Looks like-

Driver name                                                 Status

Skylakesystem.inf                                       install failed

Using a driver update from 3rd party and i looked here seems like someone had a similar problem but didn't really match what i had. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

And, what 3rd party driver update did you use?  Please do yourself a favor and NOT use 3rd party driver tools like driver easy. You never know what information from your machine they are uploading (and to what country it is going), and you never know what payload is in the packages they are downloading.

With Windows Update providing driver updates, and IDSA providing updates, that is all you need.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos