Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Intel® Smart Sound Technology (Intel® SST) compatibility issue with Windows 11

TangUp
Beginner

Intel® Smart Sound Technology (Intel® SST) driver might be creating blockage due to some compatibility issues with Windows 11
Thus, I am not getting Windows 11 2022 Update 
Please refer to the problem and offer an update to a newer version so as to be able to update my laptop

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello TangUp,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you are having issues with the Intel® Smart Sound Technology (Intel® SST).

In this case, Intel provides the generic driver to the manufacturers (HP, Dell, MSI, Acer) so they can perform the customization needed for their devices.

The only driver we have for the Intel® Smart Sound Technology (Intel® SST) is for our NUC products, for the proper driver for your laptop I recommend you report this to your laptop manufacturer. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello TangUp,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I understand that you are having issues with the Intel® Smart Sound Technology (Intel® SST).

In this case, Intel provides the generic driver to the manufacturers (HP, Dell, MSI, Acer) so they can perform the customization needed for their devices.

The only driver we have for the Intel® Smart Sound Technology (Intel® SST) is for our NUC products, for the proper driver for your laptop I recommend you report this to your laptop manufacturer. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

TangUp
Beginner
Ok thanks a lot for replying
Let's try this too
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello TangUp, 

Thanks for your response. I am glad to know that will get in contact with the manufacturer of your laptop, they should provide you with the drivers compatible with your laptop model.

I will proceed to close this thread. However, you can open a new one in case you have any new issues with our products.

Regards,  

Deivid A.