Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Intel UHD 620 with LG 34WL500 problem with HDMI sound output

Nicklee
Beginner

hi, recently purchased a LG 34WL500 ultra wide screen for my razer laptop which has an intel UHD 620 graphic card on it(the only graphics card) if i connect to the monitor via HDMI port the sound output will be switched to the LG instead of laptop speaker, but there is no speakers available on the screen so i need to switch it back to the internal speaker on laptop, now here is the problem when i switch it back, when i play games or youtube video which has a sound output, the LG screen will react strange, tiny white dots floating on the LG screen and screen starting to turn to black and flashing (but the builtin laptop screen is perfecty fine), then when you select the sound output to LG everything is fine again,this only happen when you having a sound output.... i am thinking maybe i will get a speaker connect to the screen, but i want to know what is wrong with it

i tried reinstall everything, also disable the hdmi intel display audio, but problem still exist, in this case is there something wrong with my laptop or LG screen?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Nicklee, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the specific model of the laptop?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Nicklee, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Nicklee, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos