Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel UHD 750 (i7 11700) graphics problems

Voloom
New Contributor I

Hello,

I have problems with displaying QR-code of web.whatsapp.com (screenshot is attached).

Display driver 27.20.100.9466.

Support Utility and graphics driver reports are also attached.

Display is connected via HDMI.

The problem does not depend on browser. I tried Chrome, Edge and IE.

Regards,

Maxim

1 Solution
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Voloom and everybody, I just received an update on this matter.

Just to let you know, currently, we are investigating this under the bug ID: 14013495876 as you can confirm in the thread below, where we are posting all the updates about it. Also, our development team has confirmed this issue is no longer visible in our latest internal driver build that we expect to have soon available in the main thread:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Iris-Xe-and-AWS-Workspaces/m-p/1281134/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufEtPTVdWNVZQVldaVTNUfDEyODExMzR8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw#M97020

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Voloom, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Did you build it?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Does the problem happen at home or in a work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Voloom
New Contributor I

Hello Albert,

Thanks for your reply.

1. This is a new computer.

2. I purchased it 31 March 2021.

3. Yes, I built it myself.

4. The problem with QR-code is from the first day. In the other cases computer works fine.

5. Hardware was not changed. Software - the last Windows update and last graphics driver.

6. Computer is used in home environment (plus remote work).

Regards,

Maxim

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Voloom, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

Based on the SSU report, we can confirm that the graphics driver version currently installed is 27.20.100.9466, which is the latest Intel® Generic Graphics driver we have available on our website:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30381/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in Gigabyte's website and the latest Graphics driver they have available is version 27.20.100.9316, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the link below:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B560M-AORUS-PRO-AX-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-vga

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Also, please try any of the QR codes from the following site just to confirm if the problem is actually related to the Whatsapp application:

https://www.qr-code-generator.com/

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Voloom
New Contributor I

Hello Albert,

I  have installed 27.20.100.9316 driver from Gigabyte site using your instruction for clean driver installion.

QR code at whatsapp site works correct with Microsoft base driver, but after installation of Intel driver becomes broken again.

But qr generated by qr-code-generated.com looks better.

Regards,

Maxim

0 Kudos
MertDalbudak
Beginner

I am having the same issues.

I have an i7-11700

QR Codes are broken and I get some weird artefacts on Chrome as well. 

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

MertDalbudak, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Hello Voloom, Thank you very much for sharing those results.

We are sorry to hear the issue persists, we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the detail on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Tunder96
Beginner

Good evening. I have the same issues with an i7-11700.

Driver are updated (27.20.100.9466) and Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool does not report any problem.

The issue disappear only if the UHD 750 drivers are unistalled and PC works only with the Microsoft Basic Graphics Video driver.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Voloom, I just received an update on this matter.

While we are currently still working on this case, we just wanted to confirm if hardware acceleration is enabled in Windows or Browsers? 

If so, could you please try to disable that feature and test the QR codes and apps you are running and let us know the outcome? 

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
MertDalbudak
Beginner

Yes it fixes the issue when HW accel is off in chrome.

0 Kudos
Voloom
New Contributor I

Hello Albert,

Yes, without hardware acceleration works ok

Regards,

Maxim

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Voloom, MertDalbudak, thank you very much for confirming that information.

We will continue with our research on this matter, I will post all the updates in this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Voloom and everybody, I just received an update on this matter.

Just to let you know, currently, we are investigating this under the bug ID: 14013495876 as you can confirm in the thread below, where we are posting all the updates about it. Also, our development team has confirmed this issue is no longer visible in our latest internal driver build that we expect to have soon available in the main thread:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Iris-Xe-and-AWS-Workspaces/m-p/1281134/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufEtPTVdWNVZQVldaVTNUfDEyODExMzR8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw#M97020

Regards,

Albert R.

MertDalbudak
Beginner

Hello Albert,

I just got an update via Windows Update (27.20.100.9127) today and the problem still persist.

Kind Regards

Mert

0 Kudos
TECHFIND
Beginner

Solved with Mozilla

Also solved with Latest version: 27.20.100.9616

0 Kudos
TECHFIND
Beginner

Solved with Mozilla

Also solved with Latest version: 27.20.100.9616

0 Kudos
Voloom
New Contributor I

Hello Albert,

Yes, it works with 27.20.100.9616

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Voloom, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the problem with the QR code got fixed after installing the Intel® Graphics driver version 27.20.100.9616, hopefully, it will work for all the peers viewing this thread as well.

Any other inquires, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
MertDalbudak
Beginner
When will the driver be available as a stable driver?
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

MertDalbudak, Thank you very much for your response.

There is no official statement from Intel® informing a specific date of release.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos