Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

Intel UHD Graphics Control Panel settings do not save

Mathemagician
Novice

Every time I start my computer (Hp Pavilion 590-p0054) I have to select the correct scaling from the Graphics control panel, it does not save this setting when the computer is shut down, restarted, or put to sleep.

I currently have two displays one connected to the HDMI (1) and the other connected to VGA (2). The graphics card is Intel UHD graphics 630. I have attempted to save a profile every time I set these settings and yet, my secondary screen goes back to a low resolution (and zoomed in a lot ). I have installed the newest driver suggested from the Intel site. I also have tried to install the driver suggested on the HP Pavillion website (version 24.20.100.6344 ) Any ideas how to fix this problem ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Mathemagician, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I was checking the report you have attached and I can see that you do not have the latest build of Windows. Please update Windows via Windows updates or else, if it does not work, please refer to the link below: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 * Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. * Once done, you can proceed with installing the DCH drivers, refer to the following instructions: 1 - Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28646/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=126790 2 - Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 3 - Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4 - Restart the computer. 5 - Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7 - Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8 - Restart the computer. 9 - Reconnect to the Internet. After this steps are followed, check to see if the issue persists. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

6 Replies
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Mathemagician, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. First, I would like to know if you have tried changing the main monitor. So, for example,if your main monitor is the VGA, try changing it to the HDMI one and try to restart to see if the resolution is lost. If the above recommendation does not work, please provide me with an System Support Utility report, this report can be generated from our tool, you can refer to the link below so you can download it:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Make sure to attach the created report to this thread. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mathemagician
Novice

David, thank you for your response. As suggested, I have attempted switching my main monitor to VGA instead of HDMI. When the computer was restarted the main screen was the wrong resolution instead of the second screen. I’m thinking it has to do with the VGA connection (I would deduce from the results). I only have one HDMI input on the computer. I also tried switching to another VGA cable in case it was faulty, and the same results were attained.

I have attached the System Support Utility report.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Mathemagician, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. I was checking the report you have attached and I can see that you do not have the latest build of Windows. Please update Windows via Windows updates or else, if it does not work, please refer to the link below: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 * Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. * Once done, you can proceed with installing the DCH drivers, refer to the following instructions: 1 - Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28646/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=126790 2 - Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 3 - Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 4 - Restart the computer. 5 - Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager: 6.1.1 Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device' 6.1.2 In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 6.1.3 Click on 'Uninstall'. 6.1.4 Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 7 - Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1. 8 - Restart the computer. 9 - Reconnect to the Internet. After this steps are followed, check to see if the issue persists. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Mathemagician, Were you able to check my post? Let me know if the information provided was helpful or if you need any more assistance. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mathemagician
Novice

Hello David,

Excuse the late response. I updated windows as suggested. I was having a difficult time downloading the drivers since it mentioned that it was not compatible with my computer. Still, after the update of windows I was able to successfully have both of my screens working correctly. I also found that the best way to have the screens without resolution problems 100% of the time was to load the computer with the main monitor on. Whenever at the lock screen or at the desktop turn on the second monitor (VGA) and no more fiddling with the graphic settings.

Thank you for your assistance David, I'm very happy with the result.

David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Mathemagician, Thank you for your response. I am really glad to know your issue has been addressed, I will proceed to close this request. If you need any more help do not hesitate to contact us. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos