Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Intel UHD graphics on I3-1135g4 will not enable HDR

ravian53
Beginner

Hi, 
I just bought an AOPEN DEX5750 with a I3-1135G4 cpu.

I have installed windows 10 pro 20h2 and the latest driver 30.0.100.9684.

Using a Kramer 1.8M HDMI 2.1 cable ( which can handle 8k ) it is connected using  the HDMI 2.0 port on the DEX5750 to a Benq El2870 HDR capable monitor.

The HDR switch is available in windows and it mentiones I can play HDR games and use WSG apps.

But when I switch HDR ON, the screen goes temporarely black and returns without actually switching HDR on. I tried this with 3840x2160 and 1920x1080  ( in case of bandwidth issues ) 

If I do the same thing on an AOPEN DEX5550 with an I5- 8250u everything works fine

The DEX5750 also has a DP 1.4 port which works fine , even with HDR.

What can be the problem here?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @ravian53

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, could you please provide us with the following information?

1- We understand this is a new system. Is the behavior happening since the very first day that you have this new system? If this worked fine before at any moment, were there any recent changes like hardware or software changes? (for instance, Windows®, driver, BIOS or software updates?)

2- Just to make sure, are you using the "Kramer cable" as a single cable straight-through connection HDMI-to-HDM to connect the computer and the monitor? Or are you using any type of video adapters, converters, dockings, or HDMI® extenders/extension cables? Please provide details.

3- When you said "If I do the same thing on an AOPEN DEX5550", do you mean you used the same monitor and the same cable for this test?

4- Please provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the link. Make sure the monitor in question is connected to the computer when generating the report.

5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system. Please follow these steps:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ravian53
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

1) Yes,  Well actually I am having a lot of issues to get HDR to work consistently, but this one is by far the most easyest to duplicate 

2) It's a direct HDMI 2.0 to HDMI 2.0 connection

3) Correct

Best regards,

Vincent

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello ravian53

Thank you for your response.

Since you mentioned that the connection is HDMI* 2.0, have you verified if this is the correct HDMI* version on this system? This is since for HDMI, version 2.0a is required. We searched on the Internet for information about this device AOPEN* DEX5750 and we noticed it says it supports HDR; however, it only refers to DisplayPort* ("HDR can be played through DisplayPort 1.4 decoding"). In addition, under "Product Specifications" it says it comes with "HDMI 2.0".

In this scenario, we would recommend first checking with the AOPEN* support team to confirm the correct version of the HDMI® port and if it is HDR capable.

In order to enable HDR, a series of requirements are required. Please kindly refer to the following articles for more information. We would suggest reviewing that your deployment meets the necessary requirements.

Additional steps to try:

Since HDR works fine using the same monitor and the same cable on the system through DisplayPort*, this doesn't seem to be a driver issue. However, if you are willing to try, you may test the latest generic Intel® DCH Graphics driver Version 30.0.100.9864. You may also check with the computer manufacturer (OEM) if they have a customized driver recommended for your system. (We were unable to find downloads for this device on the AOPEN website*). If the AOPEN* Support team confirms that the HDMI* port on the system is HDR capable, you may also check with them if there are any HDMI* firmware (software) or BIOS updates available that may help with this behavior.

Please feel free to share any feedback regarding this matter and if you have additional inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello ravian53

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review the information in our previous post and to verify with your OEM regarding HDR capabilities for the system.

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
ravian53
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

I found that If I connect the USB-C and also connect that HDMI i suddenly can enable HDR on both HDMI and DP outputs.. !!?? ..

So I am now contacting AOPEN to ask them whats up with that ...

As soon as I have some sort of answer that makes actual sense i'll share it...

In any case Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello ravian53

Thank you for your response and for the feedback.

Sure!, we would like to know what they say in regards to this behavior. We will keep the thread open so you may share any additional details.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello ravian53

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Were you able to get any feedback or details from the manufacturer?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
ravian53
Beginner

Hi Andrew,

AOPEN is going to send me a revised version  which should no longer have this problem 

Thanks for your interrest.

It will take some time before the new system will arrive, so for now you can close the topic.

Many thanks.

Anyway if you want you can close th

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello ravian53

Thank you for your response and for letting us know this information. We are glad to know that AOPEN* is assisting you and will provide a revised version that hopefully would work as expected. In case any issue arises, we recommend first double-checking with them about the specifications and capabilities, and then if further assistance is still required, please don't hesitate to contact us back, we will be glad to help.

Since it will take some time for the new device to arrive, we will proceed to close the thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos