Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Intel graphic command center not working after I upgraded windows build 10.0.19041

Geir1
Beginner

Hello there at Intel 🙂

After I upgraded my windows 10 to version 

OS Build 10.0.19041

the resolution on my BenQ BL3200 went down to 1920 x 1080 from my usual 2560x1440.  (That has happened before and I was always able to make my resolution on my Intel HD Graphics control Panel and switch to it again.)  But now my Intel HD Graphics control panel stopped working too, so I switch to  the new one Intel Graphic Command Center, but That is not working either to put my display back to 2560x1440.  I also set up Intel Driver and Support Assistant. and it says everything is ok .  But still my Intel® HD Graphics 4600 is not able to go to my higher resolution.  

I send herewith the reports from the Intel Driver& Support Assistant  sorry for the snapshots but the assistant make the report in html but you don´t support that in attached files 🙂

Is there a way of getting my loved 2560x1440 resolution back ?

Best regards 

Geir Thorsteinsson Reykjavik Iceland

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Geir1
Beginner

Hi there again.

I have resolved my display resoultion back to my preferred2560x1440.  The workaround was not to undo the windows update but I discovered that my old motherboard had an HDMI out and my BenQ BL3200 had also HDMI port so I connected those and then my PC was able to choose between two displays. the one on the HDMI port was with my preferred resolution 2560x1440 so I just chose to use that monitor which was labeled monitor 2 on my windows and use that as my monitor 🙂 

So now I'm happy with my display.  Of course I still have old computer and old CPU but That is another matter that I maybe upgrading soon.

Thank you all for your support.

Best to you, Geir

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi Geir1, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those results.

Perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that you were able to select the resolution that you were looking for on the monitor and now the computer is working properly.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos