Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel graphic driver (code 31 error )

Deva_Rajput
Beginner

Intel(R) UHD Graphic driver and Microsoft Remote Display Adapter both are installed but not working showing msg" 

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Object Name not found.:

I tried many way form google and youtube but not solve my problem.

Only Nvidia Gefore GT705 is working properly

Please solve it.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
ABDUL2
Beginner

BHAIYA MERABHI SAME ISSUE HAI APKA SOLVE HUA HAI

0 Kudos
Deva_Rajput
Beginner

Not yet brother I trying to find solution if I found solution I will tell you.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Deva_Rajput

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check further the behavior with the Intel® UHD Graphics Controller, could you please provide the following information?

1- Did the system work fine before or are you experiencing this issue since the first day that you have the computer?

2- If this worked fine before at any moment, were there any recent hardware or software changes that might relate to the point when the issue started? (For instance, Windows®, driver, BIOS, or software updates?)

3-Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the link.

4- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system. Please follow these steps:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Note:

Regarding the Code 31 error with the Microsoft Remote Display Adapter, our understanding is that this is a driver by Microsoft* for use with Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) to provide remote access services on Windows® 10 systems, therefore, our recommendation is to check this directly with Microsoft* Support.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Deva_Rajput
Beginner

Hi

Andrew

I truly say I don't know when it happend. Few days ago I did not find brightness slider on my pc and also I noticed when right click in pc no graphic setting option only Nvidia control panel.

I don't know exactly when It's happened? I think few time ago I was format my system may be possible that time it's started.

I attached log file please check.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Deva_Rajput

Thank you for your response.

As per this Microsoft* website "Error codes in Device Manager in Windows", for Code 31 error the Recommended Resolution is to reinstall the driver. Let's try this recommendation first.

Based on the Intel® SSU report, it seems the system is running one of the Intel® generic drivers (27.20.100.8681).

The driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer (OEM). OEM drivers are handpicked and include customized features and solutions to platform-specific issues. In this case, we would like to recommend a clean installation of the graphics driver using the OEM driver from Dell* to discard driver-related issues. Please follow these steps:

Step 1 - Check Windows* updates:

• Click the Windows Start button. 
  • Click the search and type "Windows updates" and click on that option.
  • Select Check for Updates and ensure you have the latest Windows* version. 

Step 2 - Clean install of the Graphics Driver:

1- Download the latest Dell* driver from this link and save the file on the computer: Intel® UHD Graphics Driver Version 26.20.100.8142, A00*.

2- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

4- Expand the Display adapters section and look for the Intel Graphics entry in Device Manager (e.g.: Intel® HD Graphics 530).

5- Right-click on Intel Graphics and click Uninstall.

6- In the device removal dialog box, check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.

7- Restart the computer after the uninstallation is complete.

8- Open Device Manager once more.

9- Very Important: Expand the Display Adapter section again:

• If the graphics entry still displays Intel® HD Graphics 530 or similar, repeat steps 5-7.
  • If the graphics entry displays Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, run the previously downloaded Dell* file to install the driver.

10- Reboot the computer when prompted.

If the issue persists, you can repeat the process (Step 2) using the latest Intel® generic driver (.exe file). You can download the driver from this link: Intel® Graphics – Windows® 10 & Windows 11* DCH Driver Version 30.0.100.98.05.

Note:

1- Microsoft* is changing the way that hardware drivers work on the Universal Windows Platform (UWP), Windows® 10 (and later), and Microsoft Windows* Server 2019 (and later). Hardware running on these operating systems can use Windows Declarative Componentized Hardware (DCH) Drivers. Driver updates for Intel® products on these operating systems began transitioning to Windows DCH Drivers.

2- After installing a new DCH graphics driver (from a Legacy driver), it is expected behavior that the Intel® Graphics Settings context menu option and tray icon are no longer available. The Intel Graphics Control Panel has now been replaced by the Intel® Graphics Command Center for systems with 6th Generation Intel® processors or newer. For more details, you may review the following links:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Deva_Rajput
Beginner

Hi

Andrew G.

Thank you for providing your time and suggestions.

Now I understand main culprit is "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter".

I already tried that method I read article in web and follow exactly.

after restart pc (Step 7)
device manager shows only "NVidia graphics card"

No "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"

No "Intel graphics card"

Even I reboot my pc.

I tried many times.

AS you mention step 9 is important that why I am facing problem.

If I want to get "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" shows in list I need use "Add legacy hardware" and then install and showing but showing error code 31 

That why when I try to run intel graphic card .exe it will not run.

And if I try to install .zip method form device manger "add legacy hardware" and give disk path software install but same error 31 code and no showing in control panel

It seems like that if "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" code 31 error solve then everything will be fine.

If you have any solution regarding "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" then please help me.

I already check with Microsoft community but not get in any useful reply.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Deva_Rajput

Thank you for your response and for these details. Please allow us to review this information further and we will be posting back as soon as more details are available or in case additional information is required from your environment.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Deva_Rajput

We have a new graphics driver available. Could you please try the clean installation steps one more time but this time using the Intel® Graphics DCH Driver Version 30.0.100.9864 (Latest).

Please kindly report back the outcome of the steps.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Deva_Rajput

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Were you able to test with the Driver Version 30.0.100.9864?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Deva_Rajput
Beginner

Hi

Andrew

I tried to install Driver Version 30.0.100.9864 but .exe file show me error msg 
"Something went wrong."

"No driver was found that can be installed on the current device Exit code:8."

As I already mentioned earlier my pc have only have  Nvidia GeForce Gt 705 in device manger.

Not showing me "Microsoft Remote Display Adapter" If I tried to install via "Add legacy hardware driver installed but showing error code 31.

My pc have not  any "intel graphic driver" in my pc.

And also remove and the NVidia driver and pc automatically show me  "Microsoft Remote Display Adapter" and device manager. Then I disconnect net and try Intel driver.exe got same msg ("Something went wrong."

"No driver was found that can be installed on the current device Exit code:8.")

And I again connect my pc to internet NVidia driver automatically install via windows update.

Thanks

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Deva_Rajput

Thank you for your response and for these details.

Please allow us to take a look into this behavior and we will be posting back as soon as more information is available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Deva_Rajput

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

After checking this further, there is the chance that something happened with this combination (Intel® integrated graphics + NVIDIA* discrete graphics), or when the PC was formatted something caused issues enabling both Graphics controllers at the same time.

At this point, our recommendation is to try a fresh installation of the operating system (OS). We highly recommend making sure to back up all your data to external storage and to contact either Microsoft* Support or DELL* Support for proper assistance and guidance before trying this recommendation.

If the issue persists, the best would be to contact your OEM DELL* for further recommendations and debugging considering this is a system with hybrid graphics.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Deva_Rajput

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to try the fresh installation of the OS. Were you able to check with your OEM DELL* about this recommendation and for possible additional suggestions?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Deva_Rajput

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
dylansam13
Beginner

I am currently having this exact same issue and a previous OS restore didn't seem to do the trick. Has anyone made any progress on this issue? 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@dylansam13,

While they may seem similar, every user's issues are different. You have different hardware, different driver mix, different installation order, etc. and etc. In addition, Intel Customer Support wants to track each user's issue to completion. They can't do that if you are a rider on someone else's issue. Please open your own conversation for your issue (using the Post a Message button on the root page for the forum (or the main Intel Community page). Please include a full description of your issue, the model of your system/laptop, etc. in your post.

If you want to save time, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Select all data categories, generate the report and then have the tool Save the report to a file. Don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work. Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

...S

0 Kudos