Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel graphics command center capture

Cifer
Beginner

the intel graphics command center fails to start recording.

core i3 8130u

uhd 620 integrated gpu

windows 11 installed

gfx 30.0.100.9864 installed

latest version of intel graphics command center installed

i get the error message
"undefined behaviour. please update your gfx driver and make sure there is no vpn/firewall while streaming"

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @Cifer

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to inform you that we are aware that it is currently a known issue in the Intel® Graphics Command Center with the recording feature ("Capture function does not start recording"). For more details, please review this article: Known Issues with Intel® Graphics Command Center (Intel® GCC).

Also, we understand that you are running Windows* 11. Did the issue also occur using Windows* 10?

It is worth mentioning that Intel® must validate the Operating System(OS) prior to the OS release and Windows* 11 has not been officially released yet, therefore, the recommendation is to report any issues on Windows* 11 directly to Microsoft*.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Cifer
Beginner

Hello @AndrewG_Intel 

Thank you for your response.

I never used the Intel Graphics Command Center to record my screen when i still had the Windows 10 OS installed. So I can't say if it would have worked with Windows 10.

Thank you for suggesting that I report to Microsoft. I will also report the issue to them.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Cifer

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Cifer
Beginner

Hello @AndrewG_Intel 

I've reviewed your previous post and i appreciate your response but I still need assistance.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Cifer

Thank you for your response.

As per the Intel® Graphics Command Center Capture User Guide, under the Minimum system requirements, it only refers to support for "Windows* 10". However, please allow us to double-check this internally regarding support for Windows* 11. We will be posting back in the thread as soon as more details are available or in case additional information from your environment is required.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Cifer

We would like to inform you that we were able to test the Screen Capture feature on Windows 11 and it worked fine. Please take a look at the video attached. However, we are still doing some tests related to this.

In the meantime, could you please try the latest Intel® Graphics DCH Generic Driver Version 30.0.100.9955?

To install the driver, please perform a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows*. During the process, please make sure all steps are followed, including disconnecting from the Internet and making sure you get to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter before trying to install the graphics driver.

If the behavior persists, please provide us with the following information:

1-Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the link. 

2- A screenshot showing the error message:

3- An Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Cifer
Beginner

Hello @AndrewG_Intel 

Thanks for your support.

I have installed the Intel graphics driver version 30.0.100.9955 and it still gave me the error "undefined behavior. please update your GFX driver and make sure there is no VPN/firewall while streamingbut I found a fix for this error as I watched your record and saw that your "out" videos were saved to the desktop.

The problem is from Windows Defender software. It blocks IGCC from accessing the save path for the "out" record. that is why IGCC displays the error message quoted above anytime I click on "Start Recording" because the save path for the "out" record is a protected folder and by default it has controlled access.

Anyone who gets this error on Windows 11 should disable Controlled Folder Access or change the save path of the "out" record and IGCC will work fine. At least it worked for me and I can now record with IGCC.

To disable controlled folder access, follow through:

Settings > Privacy & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage settings > Manage controlled folder access > now you can toggle it OFF.

To change the save path of your screen record, follow through:

Intel Graphics Command Center > Home > Capture > File location > Browse > now choose a different folder (e.g., Desktop) and click select folder.

After turning this important security feature off, I was able to record with IGCC. This means that the Intel Graphics Command Center Software is categorized as unauthorized and unfriendly by Microsoft Windows Defender. @AndrewG_Intel you can try this in the lab also, please I would like to get a feedback from you after you test it with windows 11. Please let me know If you can record with Controlled folder access enabled and still use a protected path to save the "out" record.

@AndrewG_Intel Thanks for all your support and response, I will upload a screen record using the IGCC for changing path and disabling controlled folder access😊

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Cifer

Thank you very much for your response and for these details. We will check this further and take these facts into consideration. We will be providing more details as soon as they are available.

Also, we will be waiting for you to provide us with the Intel® SSU report, the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, and the screenshot of the error. The more information we have the better to check this further.

Note: Please keep in mind that to add a file or report to your response, you need to save the files on your computer and then use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox directly here in the thread (it neither work if you try to reply from the "email notification" nor using the "Submit" button built-in on the tool).

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Cifer
Beginner

Hello @AndrewG_Intel 

Here is the IGCC report and a screenshot of the error using default profile, with save save path set to default.

I am skeptical about uploading the SSU report publicly, because it contains too much information about my device. Especially the Third party logs. Is it really relevant in the SSU report?

If you don't mind I can do an SSU rescan and uncheck the "Everything" box.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Cifer

Thank you very much for this information and for your efforts in this matter.

There is no need for the Intel® SSU report but we do appreciate your willingness to help us debug this issue further.

We would like to inform you that we have validated your findings and this has been communicated to the Intel® Graphics Command Center team for future consideration.

Thank you very much for taking the time to report this issue and fix to us.

Having said that, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos