Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Intel graphics control panel missing when virtual machine platform enabled

level7crew
Beginner

when I try to turn on windows feature  [ virtual machine platform ] after enabling it when i restart my computer every thing looks fine and smooth but when i right click the intel graphics control panel is missing.

i have intel N3710 processor with intel HD graphics 405 and driver version 20.19.15.5171

i have also tried downloading the  control panel from windows store but when i open it it doesn't show anything and just says " refreshing ". Please help 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello level7crew

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. To understand better your system, please share with us the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
level7crew
Beginner

NO it just gave me my processor information and nothing else. the problem is i am not able to use graphic control panel which i used to get on right click on my desktop and i also tried to use graphic command center from micosoft store but it says just only a message " refreshing  " and nothing else.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

The report helps us get a better look at your system to give the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps above to get the SSU results, post it on the thread and share with us video of the problem.

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
level7crew
Beginner

I have attached the SSU scan result.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the update, please share more information with us:

• Did you get the same issue with Windows 21H1?
  • When did this start?
  • Does this happen with HP drivers too?
  • Do you use the official Intel® GCC version or the BETA version?

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
level7crew
Beginner

* No, the issue is persistent when ever I enable virtual machine platform 

* I learned about virtual machine platform this year and i aslo know this feature is supported by my machine.

* I tried my HP drivers also the driver suggested by intel for my processor.

* Gcc version or beta  i did not understood but i use stable version of graphic driver not beta.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

@level7crew we want to try to reproduce this problem to start an investigation. Can you please share with us a video of this issue happening? We will be waiting for your response.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to get the video?  

Let us know to continue assistance.  

Regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
level7crew
Beginner
0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the video, let me investigate other options for you and I will post the next steps on the thread.

Regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @level7crew

The Intel®️ Graphics Control Panel (Intel®️ GCP) application has been discontinued from the Microsoft* Store as of March 16, 2021. Because of this, the support is limited for cases like yours. Is there a specific function that you need from this software?

An alternative, since the issue was not present in the previous Windows build, is that you can try to rollback Windows version or verify the compatibility of the tool with the latest Windows build, in both cases the best is to contact Microsoft.

More information:

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
level7crew
Beginner

Microsoft asked to contact intel. Anyway Thanks David. I think my processor is very old which is leading to compatibility issues. I will buy a new machine.

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thanks for the update. We understand that you contacted Microsoft already but now you can let them know the options on our side and explain the resolution of this thread. We will now proceed to close this thread, thank you for your understanding.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos