Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Intel graphics driver causing screen flicker issue!

AUpa
Beginner

Hi!

I'm having a really big issue with screen flickering right now that appeared today all of a sudden. I'm not completely sure what's causing this, but I've noticed that if I inactivate/uninstall my intel graphics drivers the flickering immediately stops so I suspect the driver must cause it. I'm lost right now and really need help, I've tried uninstall&reinstall, I've tried installing different drivers, I've rebooted my laptop numerous times. This issue has appeared a few times before, but this time it's completely unusable and it hasn't fixed itself.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Apu,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

Can you please help us to confirm the complete model of your laptop?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
AUpa
Beginner

Hi!

My laptop model is:

HP Pavilion 14-AL174no
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for that information.

Please try with the customize driver for your computer model, you can find it here: https://support.hp.com/hk-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-14-al100-notebook-pc/12499206/model/14105031/swItemId/ob-205467-1 Driver - HP Pavilion - 14-al174no | HP® Customer Support. I would also recommend to check with HP support for a BIOS update.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/127506 Apu,

I hope you were able to check the previous post. If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
DMeye2
Beginner

I'm having the same issue with the latest Intel graphic drivers version 20.19.15.5058 released 9/16/2018. My screen flickers and becomes impossible to use. I have discovered a work around. If I plug in an HDMI cable hooked up to my TV my display on my laptop is stable. Starting up my pc with the HDMI cable attached brings up my laptop display OK. Once in my desktop I can remove the HDMI cable and it will remain stable throughout. If my laptop goes to sleep upon awakening the flickering starts again. Plug in the cable and it stabilizes.

Rolled back drivers to windows default driver and everything works OK.

Unfortunately without the new driver some games on the internet do not work as well.

Using a Toshiba Satellite laptop model E45W

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

R3drang3r: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® communities.

Please submit your inquiry on a new thread, the reason for this is that every scenario is different even if the same product is being used, so for us to better assist you and in order to try to fix the problem, please submit a new thread:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech https://communities.intel.com/community/tech

Let me apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos