I'm having a really big issue with screen flickering right now that has been bothering me for quite a while (months). I'm not completely sure what's causing this, but I've noticed that if I inactivate/uninstall my intel graphics drivers the flickering immediately stops so I suspect that the intel graphics driver is the culprit. I've just been avoiding this issue altogether by just inactivating the driver but now I want it fixed since there's certain graphics settings I need access to. I'm lost right now and really need help, I've tried uninstall&reinstall several different versions (even recomended ones from HP website), I've rebooted my laptop (hp pavilion 14-al174no) numerous times but nothing seems to work for me. I've uploaded a video showcasing this and also specifications for my laptop to make my this clearer.
Ask HP whether the drivers they are supplying have been modified. If not, there are newer drivers available on the Intel site (here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28816/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?product=126790).
Thanks for the reply!
I have tried to download newer drivers from intel inlcuding the ones you linked, however, whenever I try and install them one of two things happen
- I get an error message that reads "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the softwares"
- The screen flickers and thus the problem remains.
I will try and ask HP if they've modified their driver and hopefully I'll get an answear.
If you're seeing the Minimum Requirements message, then you likely have to uninstall the existing driver before installing the latest. Use this process:
- Download driver package from Intel.
- Disconnect from Internet. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless.
- From Apps and Features, uninstall existing driver.
- Reboot (keep Internet disconnected).
- Install new driver package downloaded previously.
- Reconnect Internet.
Hope this helps,
Sigh! I was afraid of that, but decided to be optimistic. Not sure why I try...
Intel Customer Support will need to take this issue back to the driver team. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows and attach (using the paperclip) the log file produced to a response message.
- You are running very old Bios (ver. F.23 , 10-13-2016). Please download and update you laptop with the latest Bios (ver. F52, May, 20 2019): https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96501-97000/sp96552.exe
- On this page you will find all software for your laptop: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-14-al100-notebook-pc/12499206/model/141... . On this page I can see also NVIDIA Graphics Driver. IN the SSU, you have attached I can't see this driver installed. If you have NVIDIA Graphics on your laptop it should be installed. If you are not sure, please consult HP. Be aware that there are two version of this driver on this page.
- In addition you are running old Windows 10 version (1803). I suggest, that you should update your Windows as well to version 1903.
Thanks for the reply!
I tried everthings you listed, I've updated my laptop to the newest windows version 1903, I've updated my bios and I've tried to install all Nvidia versions but they all give back an error. The flickering remains despite everything I've tried and the updates haven't resolved the issue.