Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Intel graphics driver setup not launching

Binukrockzzz
Beginner

Hello

I am new to this forum but not new to technology. Yesterday, I downloaded Blender 2.8 and it asked for a OpenGL 3.3 compatible gpu to open the app. It did not happen to me previously. I have a RTX 2070, but it does not detect it. So I went ahead and deleted my intel uhd 620 drivers to update to the latest one from the intel website. I downloaded the proper installer(previously worked for me) and started the installer. After the windows UAC screen, nothing showed up. I thought it was a broken installer and downloaded it again. But nothing. The intel gpu is detected as Microsoft Basic Display adapter. Please help asap.

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Did you wait enough time for Installer to start? It may take few minutes until installation starts. Check in Task Manager if the process starts.

Leon

Binukrockzzz
Beginner

The process starts in taskmgr but I even waited for 20 mins so cant be the problem. I have 16gb ram and SSD too so the laptop is really fast

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Binukrockzzz

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information:

• Windows build
  • What driver did you try?
  • Does this happen with different driver versions?
  • Where do you download the drivers from?
  • Which uninstall method did you use?
  • Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) results 

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos