Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20456 Discussions

Intel graphics driver update - problem for my Wavlink USB-C Ultra 5k universal Docking Station

Erik91
Beginner

Hi Intel Community,

A couple of weeks ago my graphics driver updated to the latest version (27.20.100.9466).

Directly after the update, my multi screen setup (laptop monitor + 2 displays through HDMI) through my docking station suddenly did not work anymore with my laptop. It seems that after installing the previous version again (27.20.100.9316), it works perfect with my multi-screen setup.

Now I wonder. Will it not form any issues that my driver is not up-to-date with regards to the latest version? Should I never update my graphics driver again?

Or could there be other solutions to not have to worry about it anymore? 

Hope someone can help.

Kind regards,

Erik

5 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Erik91,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

I want to share with you that our graphics unit may not work properly or experience random issues (even between driver versions) when there is an adapter being used. Also, there is no need to update any driver if you are not having an issue with your laptop and there is no problem if you omit this driver version.  

I would like to add that our driver s are generic and we recommend using the driver from the laptop, manufacturer since those are customized to work perfectly with your laptop. If you still having the same issue with the latest drivers from the manufacturer try to get in contact with them and if that does not work, do not hesitate to let us know to help you further.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Erik91, 

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
SKAUR
Novice

I am also having issues with 27.20.100.9466  and docking stations. Specifically, at my workplace, multiple laptops (XPS 13 9310) that use Dell Docking Station D6000 can no longer connect to external monitors (also Dell) unless I roll back the Intel display driver to any previous version. We have been dealing with this issue since the update was released about a month ago. We have to roll back the driver multiple times a week, which is very disruptive. I have told Dell the issue, they said they reported to Intel, but I am not sure they have. Is there any fix for this? It's a shame we have brand new laptops and brand new, compatible docking stations that are glitching because of this driver. 

DeividA_Intel

Hello Erik91, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Erik91
Beginner

Dear Deivid,

Pardon me for my late reply.

Thank you for the effort and information. 

If anything regarding similar issues occur, I will look into it through Dell.

For now, thanks.

Kind regards,

Erik

0 Kudos