I have a laptop with i5 processor and UHD620 integrated graphic card. I saw that desktop window manager is using too much ram. In forums i saw that i should update the driver of the video card. When i made a update the difference was that from restart of laptop after some time now situation is to end task which i know that is not so ok for windows os. When this bug will be fixed? I am wondering because in forums i understand that this bug is not fixed from more than a year and i have this problem from so long period of time. The version of the video card driver on my laptop is 22.214.171.12416 now.
Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.
To get a better understanding, please share with us the following informatioin:
- Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) resilts
- Download the Intel SSU https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-
- Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".
- Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
- To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".
- Does this happen with a specific driver version? If you tested different drivers, please provide their versions
- Does this same thing happen with the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter?
- Did you test the Intel drivers and the ones provided by the laptop OEM?
- Please share screenshots.
Intel Customer Support Technician
Dear Person who will read this,
That is picture made before less than 1 week. I see that there has a new update and i have some improvements to make on my laptop and if i have this problem again i will inform you. Thank you for the new update and i will be glad if this update fix my problem
@Deyan the "support" in this forum is purely amazing... I am literally shocked by this post. Instead of linking you this thread
the "Intel Customer Support Technician" is wasting your time with nonsense. He should 100% know about this issue BECAUSE IT IS ALL OVER THE INTERNET SINCE MONTHS and there is this post in the forums on here since last year with over 10 pages.
To sum it up: you need to DOWN grade the driver not update. This is a known driver issue since mid 2020. you need to down grade to <= 126.96.36.19976