Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21286 Discussions

Intel graphics mismatch? 31.0.101.3962 / 31.0.101.4255

blfuentes
Beginner

Hi,

I got an update from the intel driver & support assistant to update the graphic card to the latest version 31.0.101.4255 but since I installed it, I get the windows update to show me I have the 31.0.101.3962 available. I assume the 4255 is a newer version than the 3962...

Any of you with this issue? The processor is a 12th gen intel i7 12650H and running Windows 11 22H2 22621.1555

intel support 2.png

intel support 1.png

  

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello blfuentes,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with the problem you described.

For this, it is important to mention that there are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. Drivers from the system manufacturer may have different versioning concerning the Intel Generic Driver. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM) or through Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello blfuentes,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with the problem you described.

For this, it is important to mention that there are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. Drivers from the system manufacturer may have different versioning concerning the Intel Generic Driver. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM) or through Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-custom drivers.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

blfuentes
Beginner

Thanks for the clarification. I just rolled back to the windows update version and let the myasus driver manager update whatever he needed to.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello blfuentes

Thanks for your response.

Since you marked this thread as solved We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos