Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Intel i7-7700k, HD630 igpu intermittent black screen while gaming

VBoiv
Beginner

My dedicated graphic card (nvidia gtx 1080ti) started doing artifacts last week : https://streamable.com/dw3o2 https://streamable.com/dw3o2

I sent that card for an RMA so now I'm trying to use the HD630 igpu that's in the CPU.

Every 20-40 minutes, the main monitor will go black for around 3 seconds then turn back on.

I have a second monitor and it doesn't go black.

I thought I might have been having the same issue my nvidia card had (crashing driver) so I looked into windows event viewer.

I did not find anything intel graphics related.

Things I tried that didn't work :

-Re-install intel graphics driver

-Update BIOS

-Install monitor drivers (benq XL2720Z monitors have drivers available on their website)

-Make sure all voltages and timings are correct in BIOS settings for CPU&RAM

-Run stress test application (AIDA64) for 2 hours

Is my motherboard / CPU or monitor going bad ?

At this point all of my parts are still under warranty so if something's broken I'd like to get it fixed.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello vbpc

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

I would like to get some more information about your system.

First, you can verify the functionality of your processor by running the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool. Please share the results if you run the tool.

Also, please scan your system using the DxDiag tool. Follow the steps below:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Then, provide the following informtation:

-How are you connecting your monitors?

-The games you play when the issues occur.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
VBoiv
Beginner

Alright, here are the intel CPU tests and DxDiag results.

My main monitor is 1920x1080@144hz and is running from display port.

Second monitor is 2560x1440@60hz and is running from HDMI.

The motherboard I have has 2 screen connections and they fit these cables exactly so I'm not using any adapters.

I tried shaking the screen cables and power plugs and nothing flashes.

The games I play are "insurgency", "black squad" and "counter-strike global offensive".

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for your response.

It seems that you are also experiencing flickering issues after you started using the integrated graphics. Please try doing a clean install of the graphics driver provided by your system manufacturer.

Please follow these steps:

1.Disconnect your unit from the internet.

2.Uninstall both the Intel Graphics driver and the Intel Display audio driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

-Uninstalling the Intel Graphics Driver via the Device Manager Method

-Uninstalling the Intel® Display Audio Driver or the Intel® HDMI Audio Driver via the Device Manager Method.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005598/graphics-drivers.html

3.Restart your computer. Go to the device manager and check if Windows installed another version of the graphics driver. If it does, please remove it and restart your computer one more time. Repeat the process until you get the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

4.Once you do, proceed with the clean install of the latest graphics driver version provided by your system manufacturer.

5.Once the latest driver has been installed, you may enable the internet connection again.

Please let me know of the outcome.

Additonally, you may try using other cables or display, if possible.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello vbpc,

Were you able to do a clean install of the graphics driver provided by your system manufacturer?

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
rbaja1
Beginner

I was having screen flicker while gaming and not black screen which was happening only in fullscreen without vsync i solved it with following steps -

Go to your game's .exe>right click>properties>compatibility>tick on disable fullscreen optimization

Thats it.

seems like windows 10 fullscreen optimization option does something due to which screen flicker happens

0 Kudos