Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21079 Discussions

Intel i750 and audio output

DaleWebb
New Contributor I

Installed an i750 a while ago and just noticed that my system was using my DISPLAY SPEAKERS as the sound output source.  Did some digging and found reference to i750 SETTING the output device to the display speakers.  Is this correct?

Would like to switch back to my EXTERNAL SPEAKERS.  How/where can I do that?  The external speakers are not even detected by Win11 (plugged into green 3.5mm output jack).

Drivers are up-to-date.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MUC
Valued Contributor II

You will probably need to enable onboard audio in the motherboard's BIOS. Example for a Gigabyte device:

BIOS → Advanced Mode → Settings

MUC_0-1708550980541.png

0 Kudos
DaleWebb
New Contributor I

Dell XPS 8940.

On board audio is already enabled.

Any other Ideas?

0 Kudos
MUC
Valued Contributor II

Dell XPS 8940 uses motherboards based on the Intel H470 chipset. However, the audio functions of an analog audio signal are provided by a Realtek HD Audio Codec (usually ALC897 on this platform).

For it to work correctly, you need to install a driver on Windows systems provided by Dell:

XPS 8940, Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.9486.1, A55 02

If installing this driver does not lead to the desired result, you should contact Dell Support. The audio functions of the analog connectors have nothing to do with the Intel graphics.

0 Kudos
DaleWebb
New Contributor I

Yes.  Thank you.  Dell is VERY hard to deal with after your “warranty” expires, and their “community” is not particularly responsive, but I’ll give it a try.

0 Kudos