Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel installation setup wizard for display adapter drivers takes so long to open

Frost_
Beginner

So there is the 27.20.100.8935 version of the Intel UHD Graphics released back in November 6th. The reason I hadn't had it installed early on was because as soon as hit the install button on the Driver & Support Assistant page, the status would continuously be 'In progress' and it would just be stuck there. So today, I hit the install button and let it run while I watched some youtube videos. Surprisingly, when I checked my taskbar, the setup wizard was suddenly there, although I had waited for quite a long time (don't know the exact time, maybe 30 mins). I'm confused as to whether it's supposed to take this long, because the previous driver updates have been relatively quick.

I have an Alienware m17 r3 with a G-sync monitor, so the Intel UHD Graphics GPU is basically disabled and only the Nvidia GPU is used. Don't know whether that plays a role or not.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Frost_
Beginner

Edit: I tried recreating the issue and now it's been 2 hours since I pressed the install button and the setup wizard hasn't appeared. I kept the website open.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Are you sure the setup windows wasn't hiding behind the IDSA window? I have seen this occur.

...S

0 Kudos