Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20943 Discussions

Intel iris xe

Muddassir
Beginner

Machine name: DESKTOP-5L8BD79
Machine Id: {C4984C6B-563A-458F-9C9E-C55B3E6E7265}
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: LENOVO
System Model: 20VE
BIOS: F8CN55WW(V2.18) (type: UEFI)
Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 7976MB RAM
Page File: 6915MB used, 25060MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: 1.4.7
DxDiag Version: 10.00.22621.0001 64bit Unicode

This is a laptop with igpu.

In creative in Fortnite I get 160-100fps in 1v1 maps while in others like 70-120. But, in battle royale particularly I get 100-140 fps when I look at the ground or the sky but when i look at land i get 1-60 fps depends if the world is loaded up. A posing issue to this which i figured out might be a bad cooling, which actually was, and my CPU was reaching up to 97 degrees while in game, I gave it proper cooling then I was getting 30-70 fps, but it would stutter sometime. A reason that i found was that the intel iris xe didn't load fast enough, it wasn't that fast compared to other gpu out there. Is there any way that you could add a driver update for the intel iris xe where it loads everything in before u enter the game or while ur in the loading screen. In other game like CSGO i was getting good fps like 100 - 150 without a single stutter like Fortnite.

My setting in Fortnite are: 

Resolution: 1024x768 (stretched res)

Graphics: low

View Distance: medium

Replays: Off

Game mode: Performance Mode

My CSGO setting where:

Resolution: 1280x720

Graphics: High

Please, tell me if I'm missing out on a software with the intel iris xe. And can u please make the intel iris xe more customizable or at least being able to clock it. I would recommend making a dedicated graphics panel to it, just like you have for the intel hd graphics.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Muddassir,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I can imagine how frustrating this if for you.

I would like to confirm the following information before I proceed further:

1. What is the brand and model name of your monitor?

2. Is this issue present on old Intel drivers?

3. Is this issue also present with the latest Lenovo drivers?

4. Are other games having stuttering? Is CSGO the only game working properly?

5. Are you using the IdeaCentre 5i (Intel) Desktop?

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Muddassir
Beginner

With the new OG season in Fortnite I'm getting even low fps in creative I'm getting 60 fps and in battle royale also. Though in battle royale it sometime drops to 40-60 and rarely to 20 fps. I'm on laptop and I don't know what brand or model this display is, I think its Lenovo's. In device manager under 'Display Adapter' it just says Intel Iris Xe graphics. This issue for me is on every driver. No games stutter, the only game that does stutter is Fortnite I even tried Valorant and it was working perfectly fine and playable. I'm using the Lenovo Thinkbook 15 G2. What is Lenovo drivers by the way? Never heard of it.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Muddassir, 

I am following up because I want to know if you are still experiencing FPS drops while playing Fortnite. Let me know if you were able to gather the information requested.

I will be waiting for your confirmation.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Muddassir
Beginner

I'm still getting fps drops and stutters.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Muddassir, 

I am sorry for the delay in my response. I was investigating and I would like you to try the following:

1. Try installing the latest Lenovo drivers:

2. If the Lenovo driver did not work, try a clean install of the Intel drivers:

3. Check the Intel gameplay configurations for this game:

4. Confirm that no other heavy workload programs are running in the background while playing.

• Open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc).
  • Click the CPU and Memory tabs to check whether anything is using up large chunks of your CPU or RAM (for instance, a web browser with many tabs open).

5. Try the recommended troubleshooting from Epic:

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Muddassir, 

I want to know if you were able to check my recommendations and if they helped you. I am looking forward to your next response.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Muddassir, 

I was checking your thread and noticed that we have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

I also recommend you check this issue with Lenovo to confirm if they have any recommendations for this issue, you may need to try their driver and BIOS.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos