Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20914 Discussions

Intel needs to start actually communicating with Microsoft.

BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

I don't understand how there is still such a lapse in communication between Intel and Microsoft that this is still happening:

WTF.jpg

I just installed 31.0.101.2111 for my 11th gen system with Xe graphics and a few minutes later this is what Microsoft automatically replaces them with. This is not an optional update, this happens automatically.

I don't need support or anything fixed. I need Intel to work with Microsoft so that this stops happening.

3 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Until "Intel will work with Microsoft so that this stops happening", you may disable the automatic driver update in Windows.

Leon

0 Kudos
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

The one and only driver Microsoft has ever removed and replaced with a far older one is Intel's graphics drivers. Microsoft gets these drivers from Intel. Microsoft is installing drivers from November of 2020 on top of new drivers designed to fix and optimize countless games. If Intel has any interest in Xe performing its best, they should communicate with Microsoft about how to avoid replacing drivers that are far newer than the ancient ones Intel gave to Microsoft in 2020.

I am not complaining about any other Intel drivers, now am I? This isn't an automatic driver install problem, this is a specific case where Microsoft consistently replaces Intel's graphics drivers with far older ones.

And for the record, any solution that my mom can't handle (like just disable automatic driver updates) is a terrible one. I obviously know this, I am reporting a problem so that regular people that only know how to search for and install new drivers can get a resolution.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello BHarr8,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We appreciate the feedback provided. Your input is being documented and routed to the appropriate team. 

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos