Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel wants to hear your feedback! - ideas for short support videos

RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

Intel is interested in creating short support videos that cover topics or issues that you care the most. 

Just to name a few examples:

• In Arc Control what is the "Opt in Driver Boost" feature and how does it work?
  • How to report issues to Intel Support? 
  • Common troubleshooting tips.
  • How to configure collage mode in IGCC.

We want to hear your suggestions so feel free to respectfully voice your ideas and requests and they may get done soon!

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

44 Replies
Fanjet
Novice
A video about using RTSS frame limiter to increase 0.1% lows and avoid stutter. Also to have stable frames all the time. Comments such as- "if you play a game which happends to stutter this can be very usefull" -can be made

Info:
https://youtu.be/W66pTe8YM2s

Info:
https://youtu.be/uXepIWi4SgM

I would also want intel to have a frame limiter in arc control panel, to avoid using RTSS in your videos. But you dont have it yet but AMD and NVIDIA does.
0 Kudos
Fanjet
Novice
Video about how to update BIOS
Fanjet
Novice
Using compressed air to dust clean PC
Fanjet
Novice
How to instal arc control panel
0 Kudos
Z28Tempest
Beginner

I installed intel's updated driver earlier today (3/4/2023), and my computer crashed 3 times in one day; when before it would last 4 weeks without a crash. I have a i5-12600k and an Nvidia 3060. 
The blue screen reports said dx"something".sys crashed, and driver crashed.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What driver did you install?  And "something" does not really help.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Saabjock
Novice

Maybe do a short video on the alternative way to install the drivers for ARC from the Device Manager.

I know from my personal experience, I have not been able to install a single driver from the .exe file...instead having to manually install from the extracted .zip archive.

For anybody else who may be experiencing the same issue, it could be the difference in keeping the card versus returning it.

Once the driver is installed the card works fine and is extremely smooth and stable.

0 Kudos
hunaukanaza
Beginner

From the release to the present, when A770 runs 《Detroit:Become Human》, it will prompt "not an officially supported graphics card" and cannot run the game.When will this be resolved? please text me back

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

One post is enough.  Stay with your original post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Beginner

我的设备无法被扫描

0 Kudos
AjrAlves
New Contributor II

1- Make a video explaining how to enable DXVK on games.
2- Make a video on how to properly overclock ARC GPUs.
3- Make a video about game settings optimization to get more performance.

4- Most importantly, remove zen 2 from the supported CPU list, as people are having LOTS of problems with it and it's clearly due to poor ReBar support on Zen2!

BearBale
New Contributor I

It is recommended to make a video

Title: How did intel spend 12 months to fix or provide DisplayPort's 10Bit RGB444 settings?

0 Kudos
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

A video about DEDICATED VIDEO MEMORY

Some of us have absurdly stupid amount of dedicated video memory, not enough to game and not nat all fair for the money that the system cost, to at least run most games at medium settings. 

Video should be about:

1) What is dedicated video memory

2) How to increase it on Intel integrated graphics, especially the latest ones like intel Iris xe graphics

P.s I have only a ridiculous 128mb of dedicated video memory, surely this is a mistake and my system is just locking something up here.

IGPU: Intel iris xe graphics

RAM: 4gb + 4gb = 8gb ( dual channel)

PROCESSOR: core i7 1165g7 2.80ghertz- 4.80ghertz

COMPUTE UNITS: 96

CORES: 4 8 threads

STORAGE: 1tb

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
CHAMELEON
New Contributor I

Well i'll be, this has been the most helpfull info I got so far. This article gives alot of insight thanks. I will then go to my system's manufacturer and ask what is the maximum graphics memory limit on my device 🙂

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

You don't need to ask your system manufacturer. Just open the link What is the maximum amount of graphics memory or video memory my computer can use? in the document I've referenced in my previous post. You will see that the maximum amount of graphics memory for Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics is limited by OS to one-half of the System memory. In your case it is 4GB as you can see on the image you have attached to your first post.

Leon

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

@LeonWaksman wrote:

Hi @CHAMELEON 

You will find answer and explanation to your questions  in Intel document Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Graphics Memory on Windows® 10 and Windows 11.

Instead of a video we need a pinned forum topic...

0 Kudos
shekar
Beginner

I am trying to run a 2 GPU system on Linux. I followed all the instructions (to the letter) and found a bug in the OpenCL driver. I have already opened an issue (which was "acknowledged" by your support team on May 3rd). I even gave a sample that shows the error. Apparently, the support team doesn't have machines with the same configuration -- a configuration that is recommended/mandated in your documentation. It's June 11th today and I have been asked to have patience.  I even asked if the support team could share the configuration they are using, so I can reproduce that same configuration here and continue with my work (instead of debugging the Intel driver) but I have not received a response on that either. 

So, thinking this was a clever move, I ported my entire application to Windows and guess what - the performance of the GPU driver on Windows is pathetic (not product quality at all) - my entire application (which is heavily GPU centric) runs 10 times slower than on Linux with NVIDIA GPUs.

Further, the paucity of library support for GPU development is appalling. There is no good BLAS library -- how can one do any computing without a good BLAS library? 

Anyway, you asked for feedback -- there it is.

0 Kudos
b00gied
Beginner

wtf.png

0 Kudos
b00gied
Beginner

Can put this where needs be but installing Intel 630 drivers and I get a MS message like this.

0 Kudos