Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

IntelHD 630 and hdr support

JPaul26
Beginner

Hi every one

i have a msi gl62m 7rex with i7 7700, gtx1050ti

and intel 630hd graphics card

my issue is when I connected to Samsung nu7100 tv, display capabilities for hdr shows no

stream hdr video no

play hdr games no

etc

note my tv is hdr capable and hdr10

very things is up to date

hdr is enabled in my Samsung

what I missing here?

thanks to you all in advance

0 Kudos
17 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello JPaul26

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this behavior further, could you please provide the following details?

1- Please explain the steps you have followed to enabled High Dynamic Range (HDR):

2- Did HDR work before in this system and configuration? If the answer is yes, was there any change related to where the issue started, for instance: Windows update, hardware change, driver update?.

3- How are you connecting the SAMSUNG* TV to the laptop? Are you using a straight-through connection with a single cable? For instance, HDMI-to-HDMI. Are you using any adapters?

4- Please provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers with the SAMSUNG* TV connected and following the steps on the below link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html

Note: If using Intel® Graphics Command Center, please launch the application and refer to the Support tab at the left side >> System Diagnostic >> click on Generate Report.

5- Please provide a DxDiag* report following these steps:

• In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
  • In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
  • Click on Save All Information.
  • Open the report.
  • Use the option "save all information" to save the .TXT file.
  • Attach the report .TXT file to this thread.

Note: To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Best Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello JPaul26

If you need further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello JPaul26

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
JPaul26
Beginner

Hello Andrew g

im very sorry for my late reply, I’ll do what you ask me to do and fe ppl

Hello Andrew.G

i appreciate your helping and I’m very sorry for my late reply.

first things first I connected my laptop to my tv HDMI to HDMI directly.

ote: its the first time I tried to enable HDR on my system

^^for the information that’s you requested I’ll do it ASAP and give it to you

thank you very much..

0 Kudos
JPaul26
Beginner

Hi, here is my report files regarding to your request Mr.andrew

have a nice day

0 Kudos
JPaul26
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello JPaul26

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

Based on the SAMSUNG* TV NU7100* specifications, it seems that it only comes with HDMI® video inputs (no DisplayPort™ video input) and we understand that you are connecting your laptop to the TV using a straight-through connection HDMI-to-HDMI.

High-dynamic-range (HDR) requires specific system ingredients for full functionality, for instance: Display connector: The physical display interface (connector) on the system that connects to the HDR display should be HDMI®, DisplayPort™, mini-DisplayPort™ (miniDP) or USB Type-C. For HDMI, version 2.0a is required. For more information please refer to High Dynamic Range (HDR) on Intel® Graphics Technical White Paper, section 3 - System Ingredients, pages 7-8.

However, after checking the specifications of the MSI* GL62M 7REX laptop*, based on their specifications, it seems that the maximum resolution for HDMI is 4K @ 30Hz. This may indicate that the HDMI® standard supported in your laptop could be 1.4 and not HDMI 2.0. In this case, we recommend confirming with your laptop manufacturer MSI* the specific HDMI® standard supported in this laptop and as well as additional requirements based on the Technical White Paper.

Additionally, we also noticed that the laptop seems to come with 1 Mini-DisplayPort and 1 USB Type-C™ video port. However, in the case of systems with USB Type-C™ port or mini-DisplayPort™, and considering the SAMSUNG* TV seems to only have HDMI® video inputs, an adapter or dongle may be required to convert USB Type-C™ or miniDP to HDMI® 2.0 or DisplayPort™, as well as support HDCP2.2.

You may try using the additional video outputs on your laptop. Also, we recommend checking with your laptop manufacturer regarding validated adapters (if applicable and if they are needed to use the other video outputs).

Having said that, we kindly recommend checking the Technical White paper for complete system requirements and steps and as well checking with your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) MSI* to confirm if the system meets all the requirements for HDR.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
JPaul26
Beginner

Greeting

thanks a lot for your corporation and feed me back with this technical support.

i communicate with my laptop manufacturers and send to me this info below:

and im waiting a reply for my mdp specs and capability from them

will get you up-to-date ASAP

thank you again

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello JPaul26

We noticed that based on MSI* response the HDMI® and USB Type-C™ video ports do not meet the requirements for HDR. Were you able to receive a response regarding mini-DisplayPort™ (miniDP) capabilities?

Regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
JPaul26
Beginner

Hi,

unfortunately not yet, but I dig deep into internet and realize that’s my Mini DisplayPort is 1.2 version

This is an older version to my laptop

https://us.msi.com/Laptop/GL62M-7th-Gen-GTX-1050/Specification

same specs same MDP but I have more ram and gfx memory

i wish if anyone could help if there is an adapter or dongle could handle my problem..

thanks in advance @AndrewG_Intel​ 

0 Kudos
JPaul26
Beginner

Well, I have a response from Msi technical support,

Actually I’m confused and that’s is the link they mentioned:

https://www.msi.com/faq/notebook-3637

0 Kudos
JPaul26
Beginner

I forgot to mention that’s how I ask msi technical support for Mdp

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello JPaul26

Thank you for your response and the details provided.

The Intel® Core™ i7-7700 Processor and its graphics controller supports HDR with a series of requirements.

For instance, these HDR requirements are listed on our High Dynamic Range (HDR) on Intel® Graphics Technical White Paper, section 3 - System Ingredients, pages 7-8.

Based on the information you received from MSI* and that you shared in the thread, it seems that HDMI® and USB Type-C™ are not suitable for HDR content and miniDP seems to meet the requirements, however, your system manufacturer may have additional requirements for HDR and they are the only ones that can confirm with an accurate, clear and direct answer if your specific system is all compatible for HDR, this is since Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) like MSI* may have decided to enabled or disabled settings or features required for HDR.

Also, we understand that since your TV only comes with HDMI® inputs (no DP inputs) you are wondering if there is an adapter or dongle you can use. This could be a possibility, however, this inquiry should be addressed to MSI* since they can confirm if your system can meet HDR requirements using an adapter and they may also provide you with a list of compatible and tested adapters or dongles (if available). You may also check with the adapter manufacturer if it is HDR capable. This is since we do not recommend the use of any kind of adapters since we cannot test all of them nor we can guarantee they will work. For more information please review this link.

Having said that, what we recommend is checking directly with MSI* if your system is HDR compatible and if it is, reviewing with them the necessary steps/requirements to enable HDR.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
JPaul26
Beginner

Good evening

and thank you for your great assistance

I’m waiting now For a clear final answer from Msi manufacturers to let me know if my laptop support HDR or not and which adapters can I use

I’ve asked them if they do test this laptop -msi gl62m-

f it’s support hdr and I will feed back ASAP

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello JPaul26

Thank you for your response and please feel free to provide any feedback you received from MSI* regarding HDR support.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos