Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20700 Discussions

Inter HD Graphics Scaling Games after Windows 10 upgrade

RAbid
Novice

I Had windows 8.1 installed on my computer and i had that issue related to low resolution for games to be showen in fullscreen

anyway i've used that way when i put my resoution to lowest then change the settings and that worked for me

i upgraded to windows 10 and i found out the scaling problem , but this time that method is not working and i tryed so hard to get it working but i couldn't

please help me

my graphics card is just called : Intel HD Graphics

processor type (pentium)

1 Solution
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Closing this thread and redirecting to the thread below used for tracking these scaling discussions. Please post any updates you have and look for updates from Intel there. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 Replies
IGarc6
Novice

Yes, i hope a fast fix

0 Kudos
JTaip
Novice

I have the same problem in my Intel Graphics 4000 and using Windows 10 Pro.

Hope Intel fix this problem fast.

0 Kudos
JNhem
Novice

We're in the same boat! Hopefully quick fixes.

0 Kudos
RAbid
Novice

Please Intel FIX THIS !!

0 Kudos
FSiem
Novice

Same here with Windows 10 Home and Intel Graphics 3000.. patch it!

0 Kudos
TSeis
Beginner

There is a possibility that this update could fix it, if you're using a supported device: /message/318619# 318619 https://communities.intel.com/message/318619# 318619

Apparently, I am using a i5 with HD 3000 Graphics and the update does not support HD 3000, so, I am still left with inconsistent "Scale Full Screen" option.

Yes, I can lower my resolution in the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel, yes, I can set the option to Scale Full Screen, but it won't persist. Upon launching a game, it is still left with black bars.

Native resolution is 1600x900, game: 640x480.

A sidenote, the Control Panel lists 1024x768 as the lowest resolution there. Though, if I am to change my desktop resolution to 1024x768, set to "Scale Full Screen", open up my game with the same resolution - no changes, it still has black bars. Fancily, though, as I read in the game's reddit (http://reddit.com/r/globaloffensive; http://reddit.com/r/globaloffensive; Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) - someone said that if you close the lid and then reopen, the game will be stretched. Even if that sounds totally wrong, it did become stretched. Apparently, switching to 640x480 put it back at black bars, closing the lid ad reopening didn't fix it this time.

I've tested some more times, the lid close/open case works if the desktop resolution has been set to lower than native resolution with "Scale Full Screen" option and the fullscreen application being run is also at the same resolution as desktop has been set to. But yes, it will only work if the lid is closed/reopened.

0 Kudos
FSiem
Novice

Do you have any lid closing options? I mean if you close lid it goes into any mode etc.? Because as far as I know I changed settings after closing lid that nothing happens, just showing black screen instead of anything, and when you open it again it shows you everything - I hope you understand me.

0 Kudos
TSeis
Beginner

I have set it to "Do Nothing", as can be seen here:

But yes, I did some more testing, the only way I got it to stretched is if all of the conditions are met:

1. Desktop is set to a non-native resolution that requires streching.
    1. The "Scale Full Screen" option must be selected for the resolution.
  2. Launch the game, while the desktop is in this newly set resolution.
  3. Change the resolution of your game to the one you selected for your desktop. (If it already was, you can skip this.)
  4. Close the lid.
  5. Open the lid. (Wait a little before opening, I noticed my HDD spinning up, so I let it do it for a second)
  6. The game should be stretched.

Buggy, hacky - I am waiting for a fix. Am currently looking for any registry entries, maybe will find something of use.

0 Kudos
JTaip
Novice

if u find some registry entry that fix it, please post it here. thanks

0 Kudos
KVo1
Beginner

I had to create my account to say thank you, Your solution works for me! I was thinking "there is no way it's gonna work" but I'm glad I decided to try it anyway. Sure, this temporary solution is still somewhat inconvenient (you have to change the desktop resolution to match with the in-game one) but it is much better than playing games with those annoying black sidebars. Now I can continue enjoying my games while waiting for a fix from Intel

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your feedback. The engineer department is working on the update.

The tread below is from our processor engineer supervisor.

Mike C

0 Kudos
JBlow
Beginner

I've just created a account just for this.

I just like to add that some games work perfectly. No resolution problems at all. The ones that I've tried so far are.

- Fallout New Vegas

- Hearthstone

- Heroes of the storm.

From my installed collection, the one that doesnt work is

- Borderlands 2

- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

I appreciate that this is being looked into by your engineering department. I just want to get some sort of notification that this has been fixed. Either through this thread or elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

All:

This information is intended to all Windows 10 users that are experiencing issues with a supported Intel® Graphics Controller (http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm supported graphics)

/message/321854# 321854 Re: -NEW- Intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows* 10 64-bit 15.40.4.64.4256

See post # 93

Allan.

0 Kudos
RAbid
Novice

I tryed every method possible and it didnt work

anyone found a registry entry ???

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ramyy,

Please post a couple of pictures of the issues that you are having while you are playing. Change the display scale options from your monitor (TV).

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos
FSiem
Novice

Is it possible to patch it mike? We can't stretch our resolutions in-game... When I change resolution in-game to 4:3 on my 16:9 monitor, it has black bars - picture is not stretched.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Intel noticed a bug with the latest graphics driver for Microsoft® Windows 10. The post below gives you more information.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/77746?start=15&tstart=0 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77746?start=15&tstart=0

Mike C

0 Kudos
JZuid
Novice

Mike-

I'd like to know if my issue is the same and will be fixed when Intel fixes that bug.

At my native resolution on my Intel HD Graphics 4600 control panel, I cannot choose any scaling but "Maintain Aspect Ratio" - All the other options simply do not show up.

It sounds to me like these people are able to see the options, but they simply don't hold when they open an application. In my case at my native res I cannot even see these options.

Please confirm if my issue is the same as theirs and will be addressed within that same bug report you linked to.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

By default the scale option is not available, it is necessary to change the settings using the TV video settings.

Intel is working on this issue now.

Mike C

0 Kudos