Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20853 Discussions

Iris Pro 5200 - Cities Skylines crashes Intel driver

CJens1
Beginner

Hello,

I have a problem running Cities Skylines on my device with a Core i7-4770HQ and Iris Pro Graphics 5200 (Vaio Z Canvas, 16GB RAM, Windows 10).

When playing the game and moving the camera / changing the perspective the Intel driver very often crashes. The driver gets restarted very quickly but after a few crashes I get a notification that the access to the graphics hardware for Cities Skylines has been blocked and then of course the game stopps completely working.

I reduced the texture quality from high to medium and that helped and that helped alot but from time to time it still crashes. But texture quality shouldn't be a problem because I can play the game (with textures set to high) without problem on a device with HD Graphics 4000.

I tested with the system manufacturers driver and latest stable as well as beta graphics driver but the problem persists.

0 Kudos
25 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, st0rmi:

Just here checking if you were able to try the behavior of the game with the latest drivers.

Hope I can hear from you

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
CJens1
Beginner

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

I tested the game with this driver and while there were no graphical glitches nor a message of the driver crashing, the game still freezes for a short time when moving around in the game and after a few times the message about the graphical hardware beeing blocked for Cities Skylines pops up.

So I assume the driver is still crashing and restarting in the background.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the update, st0rmi

I will report this back to the team in charge of the issue 🙂

I am going to keep you updated.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello st0rmi ,

Here reporting back about the issue related to the game and Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 5200.

Intel has validated this game to run at Quality Settings set in "Low"

Which has been reported here: https://gameplay.intel.com/GamesSettings/8659/91166/intel-core-i5-6267u-processor-br-4m-cache-up-to-3-30-ghz https://gameplay.intel.com/GamesSettings/8659/91166/intel-core-i5-6267u-processor-br-4m-cache-up-to-3-30-ghz-

Since it has been noted that your game is working with Low settings, my suggestion is to keep using the game with all Quality settings set to Low. Until new improvements are released with new drivers.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello st0rmi,

Just wondering if you were able to test the game with the recommended settings at the website mentioned above.

Hope I can hear from you 🙂

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos