Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Iris Xe Graphics Issue

KOhrn
Novice

See attached photo.

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 8, with an Iris Xe display adapter.  This issue has  started in the last month or so.  Several other MS Surface 8 owners have reported this issue. 

The Surface Pro 8 has all latest MS updates. The display adapter is Intel Iris Xe, driver version 31.0.101.3889.  [Note: I have deinstalled and reinstalled the driver, and it has changed to 31.0.101.4314. The issue remains. ]

When starting a new game in Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games, I will often get an advertising animation for other MS gaming product. During this animation, after 5-10 seconds, the screen will flip to crawling static, as per the photo.

The best cure is a forced reboot. Occasionally, the screen will spontaneously revert to a Solitaire game, but with bursts of flickering horizontal lines. These lines continue to show after exiting the game.

Surface.8.Video.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello KOhrn

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing graphics corruption issues on your Surface Pro 8 with Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics.

I would recommend reinstalling the driver pack that is provided by Microsoft since these devices are pretty enclosed and customized in terms of drivers using a generic version or not officially customized by Microsoft might cause an issue.

Microsoft also has its own troubleshooting guide for these types of issues, please follow all the steps outlines in their guide and check if the issue can be fixed.

If the issue persists, please create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response to get more information on the hardware configuration. 

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello KOhrn

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best Regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello KOhrn

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best Regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos