Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20943 Discussions

Iris Xe problems on Valorant

KC11
Beginner

For some time now, I have been having some problems running the FPS game Valorant on my new laptop with intense lagging followed with freezing after 5-10 minutes or so. The fps I get is usually about 20-30 on battery mode and 50-60 when charged for some reason.

The laptop is a HP Laptop 15.6 inch 15-fd0059TU with the following specs:

• Intel® Core™ i5-1335U
  • Windows 11 
  • 16 GB RAM (2*8 gb)
  • 512 GB SSD storage
  • Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics

I also experienced similar issues on CS2, which can be seen in a previous thread: https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Iris-Xe-unable-to-run-FPS-games/m-p/1533526/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufExOT1M0TjMzWTRKTDVHfDE1MzM1MjZ8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw#M123630

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @KC11

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

We understand you are experiencing issues with Valorant, let us help you with that.

Please answer the following:

·      Was it working before?

·      What are the game settings?

·      What tool are you using to monitor the FPS?

·      Have you checked the system Power/Energy plans?

·      We checked the other opened thread, after the clean installation of the OEM driver, did Valorant perform better?

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
KC11
Beginner

Hi Jose,

No, the game wasn't working before and although there were a couple of times I managed to get past the loading page, the game client would disconnect itself and ask for a relaunch. To monitor the fps, I use Valorant's "show client FPS" function accessible in the video stats.  

Graphic Settings in the game:

• Material quality - low
  • Texture quality - low
  • Detail quality - low
  • UI quality -  low 
  • Vignette - Off
  • VSync - Off
  • Anti-Aliasing - None
  • Anisotropic Filtering - 1x
  • Improve clarity - Off
  • Bloom - On
  • Distortion - Off
  • Cast Shadows - Off

Regarding the system Power plans, I am using the "Balanced" option - which is the only option shown. The only configuration I have done to this plan is setting the Maximum Processor State as 99% for both on battery & plugged in. 

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello KC11

Thank you for the information provided.

We will check the issue internally, as soon as we have any update we will let you know by posting here.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello KC11

Thank you for patiently waiting.

After extensive tests in our lab, we were able to play the game with no crashes using the driver version 31.0.101.4887 (please keep in mind that there is a newer version 31.0.101.4900).

Our recommendation is to contact the game developer for more assistance, since the issue does not seem to be related to the driver.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos