Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Iris graphics command station not letting me switch to 1920X1080 Res on second screen using Dock

Niall23
Beginner

Hello I'm using a Dell Laptop (Inspiron 5406) with Dell docking station (WD 19) connected with 2 Dell 2212H screens via DVI. Intel Graphics "command station" recognizes both the screens and refuses to let me set 1920X1080 on the second screen. If I try to update manually, it says "bad parameter". All drivers are up to date.

A bit frustrating as I use the same setup for another Latitude 7490 laptop running Intel UHD graphics no problems.

Please help.

Cheers

Niall

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Niall23, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Was it working fine before using this same configuration?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Niall23
Beginner

HI Albert, thanks for your response, please find my answers besides your questions.

Is this a new computer? Yes it Is

When did you purchase it? A Week ago

Was it working fine before using this same configuration? First time ive used it

When did the issue start? As soon as i used it

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? No changes other than trying to update

Which Windows* version are you using? Microsoft windows 10 home 

Please provide the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform: Attached.

Having said that, there have been a couple of updates that have been installed so i will keep you updated if those work.

Cheers

Niall

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Niall23, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi Niall23, Thank you very much for providing that information and the report.

"Having said that, there have been a couple of updates that have been installed so i will keep you updated if those work", perfect, no problem at all, take your time and once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Niall23
Beginner

Hi Albert,

No Improvement,

I have attached a screen shot. The left screen is fine the right screen needs the adjustment.

Cheers

Niall

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi Niall23, thank you very much for sharing those details.

Just to let you know, for this scenario, the issue could be related to a compatibility problem between the laptop and the docking station, or it could even be a compatibility problem with the monitor itself.

For us to be able to confirm that information, please provide the Intel® Graphics report:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Also, just for testing purposes, do you have the option to connect those 2 monitors to the laptop without using the docking station? This will help us also to isolate the problem and rule out or not the possibility of a compatibility problem.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Niall23, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Niall23, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

If the issue is related to compatibility as we think, the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the board/laptop manufacturer for a physical inspection of the unit and compatibility list revision:
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos