Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Iris xe GPU font rendering problems

boldbyte
Beginner

Hi

We have 2 laptops with the Iris xe GPU that are showing font rendering issues in some games we are testing. Laptops that don’t have the Iris xe GPU don’t have this issue.

I can solve the problem by turning off “use hardware acceleration when available” in Chromium or by turning off the Iris xe GPU, which is not an ideal fix.

We are also experiencing the same issue with some PDF documents on the same laptops. Again, laptops with different GPU's don't have this issue.

In the attached image you can see how the text is shattered on some places.

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello boldbyte,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. When did the issue start? Is it recent?

2. What is the graphics driver version installed?

3. Does this issue affects every game or is it only on a specific game? It is specific, which are the games affected?  

4. Can you provide an example of the issue with the PDF? This is for us to have a better view of the issue.

5. What is the operating system installed as well as the version and build?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello boldbyte,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello boldbyte, 

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos