Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LonnyBabin
Beginner

HP Zoom Virtual Green Screen Compatibility Problem

I downloaded the latest graphics driver today.  I still get the message that my PC is not capable of having a virtual green screen.  I am running an HP 17.3" Touch with Intel Pentium Gold 6405U with Intel UHD Graphics card.  This solution did not work for me.  What else can I do to get Virtual Green Screen to work on Zoom with this PC?

LonnyBabin_0-1597703458573.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello LonnyBabin,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

May I have the specific version of the Zoom* app you are using?

To better assist you, please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

LonnyBabin
Beginner

See attached.

Maria_R_Intel

Hello LonnyBabin,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

May I have the specific version of the Zoom* app you are using?

To better assist you, please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

LonnyBabin
Beginner

RonaldM_Intel

Hi @LonnyBabin 

I'm suspecting the Zoom application may need a new update to properly support the Intel UHD Graphics available on your Intel® Pentium® Gold 6405U Processor. Please report this situation to the application developer. They should be able to confirm if there is going to be a future patch to address this situation.

As far as I know, the virtual background feature is enabled only on systems with Intel® UHD Graphics 620 or later. These are typically available only on Core i3, Core i5 or Core i7 processors.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

Maria_R_Intel

Hello LonnyBabin,

Thank you for the reports.

Intel and Zoom* worked together to enable the Zoom Virtual Background feature for millions of people using Intel® UHD Graphics users. To provide the best user experience, this virtual background feature is enabled only on systems with intel® UHD Graphics 620 or later.

Unfortunately, according to the reports you are using the processor Intel* Pentium* CPU 6405U which includes the Intel* UHD Graphics 610. 

You can confirm the information on this Intel* website, however, this is based on the application requirements and the design the developer chose.

To confirm the information or verify if there is a different option for the virtual background, the best would be to contact Zoom* directly, you can check with them the system minimum requirements they established and further support with the application.

Best regards, 

Maria R.