Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

HP Zoom Virtual Green Screen Compatibility Problem

LonnyBabin
Beginner

I downloaded the latest graphics driver today.  I still get the message that my PC is not capable of having a virtual green screen.  I am running an HP 17.3" Touch with Intel Pentium Gold 6405U with Intel UHD Graphics card.  This solution did not work for me.  What else can I do to get Virtual Green Screen to work on Zoom with this PC?

LonnyBabin_0-1597703458573.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello LonnyBabin,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

May I have the specific version of the Zoom* app you are using?

To better assist you, please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
LonnyBabin
Beginner

See attached.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello LonnyBabin,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

May I have the specific version of the Zoom* app you are using?

To better assist you, please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
LonnyBabin
Beginner
0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi @LonnyBabin 

I'm suspecting the Zoom application may need a new update to properly support the Intel UHD Graphics available on your Intel® Pentium® Gold 6405U Processor. Please report this situation to the application developer. They should be able to confirm if there is going to be a future patch to address this situation.

As far as I know, the virtual background feature is enabled only on systems with Intel® UHD Graphics 620 or later. These are typically available only on Core i3, Core i5 or Core i7 processors.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello LonnyBabin,

Thank you for the reports.

Intel and Zoom* worked together to enable the Zoom Virtual Background feature for millions of people using Intel® UHD Graphics users. To provide the best user experience, this virtual background feature is enabled only on systems with intel® UHD Graphics 620 or later.

Unfortunately, according to the reports you are using the processor Intel* Pentium* CPU 6405U which includes the Intel* UHD Graphics 610. 

You can confirm the information on this Intel* website, however, this is based on the application requirements and the design the developer chose.

To confirm the information or verify if there is a different option for the virtual background, the best would be to contact Zoom* directly, you can check with them the system minimum requirements they established and further support with the application.

Best regards, 

Maria R. 

0 Kudos
Kelleigh
Beginner

Hello Everyone,
I am now in the middle of this lousy Zoom virtual background situation. I am TRYING to navigate this program to obtain a green screen or virtual background in Zoom. 
I am positive I have an Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz.
I also have a 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670, I am NOT a gamer.
I realize that this issue is NOT Intel's issue. 
I am begging for assistance before I permanently brick my system with improper software installations.
I cannot find any about screen on Zoom Desktop Client, however, I downloaded the latest desktop client today 2/14/23
Can anyone provide assistance?
Happy Valentines Day all,
Thank you 
Kelleigh Sheridan
<email removed>
(those in the technology world will know how to email me)

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@Kelleigh 

According to the Zoom Virtual Background system requirements, you require a 3rd gen or later Core processor for non-green screen support and a 4th gen or later Core processor for green screen support. Your processor is a 1st gen Core processor. You thus may not be able to use the feature.

Now, that said, it may be that this document is referring to what you would need if you were using Intel Graphics, which you do not have. Unfortunately, I could not find anywhere where it stated a requirement with respect to NVIDIA graphics. You may have to contact NVIDIA or Zoom to find out whether your system meets the requirements.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos