Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Is Iris Xe Graphics 1920 x 1080i 59.94 capable?

Themurf47
Beginner

I am specifying a computer for a customer and I need a graphics output that will go to a Black Magic Designs ATEM switcher where the input is HDMI and the resolution must be 1920 X 1080i 59.94. This is the only resolution I can use. So the question is, does the Iris Xe output this resolution. I believe I will need to be able to select that resolution in the advanced settings to make sure that the output is always at that resolution. 

Any assistance will be deeply appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Themurf47, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

The Iris XE graphics can run at a Maximum resolution of 4096x2304@60Hz; it will be able to run at 1080 resolution at 59.94. Both 1080p and 1080i are based on identical resolutions (1080); the difference between these two resolutions is in the way the images are displayed. The letters “i” and “p” refer to the display mode used: 1080i refers to “interlaced” and 1080p to “progressive scan.”

Keep in mind that the resolution 1080i is supported by the driver; however, the resolution support is not exclusively dependent on the GPU or the display. It also depends if the source (Netflix, Windows, streaming apps) admits the resolution; this determines if the resolution work or not.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Themurf47, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

The Iris XE graphics can run at a Maximum resolution of 4096x2304@60Hz; it will be able to run at 1080 resolution at 59.94. Both 1080p and 1080i are based on identical resolutions (1080); the difference between these two resolutions is in the way the images are displayed. The letters “i” and “p” refer to the display mode used: 1080i refers to “interlaced” and 1080p to “progressive scan.”

Keep in mind that the resolution 1080i is supported by the driver; however, the resolution support is not exclusively dependent on the GPU or the display. It also depends if the source (Netflix, Windows, streaming apps) admits the resolution; this determines if the resolution work or not.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Themurf47
Beginner

Thank you, this is exactly the answer I was looking for. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Themurf47,

I am glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members. Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best Regards, 

Jean O.

0 Kudos