Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21227 Discussions

Is it feasible for Intel to launch add-on graphic card with an extra GPU that working togeher with its GPU (inside CPU) to double the graphic performance?

wwill4
Beginner

As GPU from Intel is becoming so powerful nowadays, it may not be necessary for normal users to add a separate graphic card. However, for gaming users, the GPU come with CPU may not be powerful enough. If user adds a separate powerful graphic card, then the GPU that come with CPU become useless. The current technology allows 2 identical graphic working together to boost the graphic performance. So, I am wondering whether Intel can launch graphic with another GPU that can work together the existing GPU and thus double the graphic performance. By doing so, I believe it would be much cost effective for the users, especially for those that buying branded PCs with limited power supply unit (and that cannot support high power consuming graphic cards). If this works, Intel can also dominate the graphic market.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello Willyc,

Thank you for your request, I will send your feedback to the proper department.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos