Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Is there an Intel G41 Express Chipset driver update that supports OpenGL on Windows 8.1 x64?

RPire
Beginner

Hello guys,

I have been always using a software of astronomy called Stellarium on Windows 7 x64, without any problem. But now, I installed it on Windows 8.1 x64 and when I try to open it, an error message says: "Your platform does not support the minimum Open GL 1.2 required. Please, update the drivers of your video card."

As we can see, that's not a hardware problem because I have already used Stellarium in the same pc, but there's a problem with the driver of my graphics. My video card is the Intel G41 Express Chipset and there's no update driver of this video card, for Window 8/8.1 in the Intel Download Center. Is this a configuration problem in my system?

I am an amateur astronomer and this is my favourite planetarium simulator, so any help is gonna be very apreciated.

Thanks in advance.

@renatronic

CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz

Mainboard: ASUS P5G41T-M LX V2

Graphics: Intel G41 Express Chipset

RAM Memory: PATRIOT DDR3 4Gb (3965Mb available physical memory)

Drive Info:

C: Sata 465,42 Gb (system root)

F: Sata 1863,01Gb

Power Supply: SANTECH 500 Watts — PSU 500/ATXndows

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Hi renatronic,

The G41 Express driver is provided by Microsoft within your Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit) installation. This type of driver is called Inbox, and this is a native driver that is supplied with the Operating System.

In other words, the driver is automatically installed during installation. If you are looking for an updated driver, they are available through Microsoft Windows Updates.

See the following URL for additional information:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm

Allan.

0 Kudos
Miw
Beginner

Finally got it working

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve your issue. Your feedback is important to us and I thank you for taking the time to communicate this issue.

Allan.

0 Kudos
CMahe1
Beginner

Umm A Problem I Cant Run Open Gl Games/Programs.

0 Kudos
CMahe1
Beginner

I Get This.

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:252)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:306)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:848)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:739)

at bsu.am(SourceFile:523)

at bsu.aj(SourceFile:352)

at bsu.a(SourceFile:299)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:120)

0 Kudos
CMahe1
Beginner

Solved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52inEl2eXrs Minecraft Windows 7, 8, 8.1 Fix Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family - YouTube

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I am glad you have fixed this problem.

Allan.

0 Kudos