Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Is there any possibility that I can dedicate 2 GB of ram on my HD Graphics 4600

BDias5
Novice

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. No, you can't control the size of RAM assigned for Intel Integrated GPU. You can't and you don't need to do this. The size of RAM assigned for Intel GPU is controlled dynamically by the driver and Windows. Usually it is about half of RAM. So, more RAM you have installed, more RAM can be assigned for graphics..
  2. Please read more about this subject here.

Leon

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. No, you can't control the size of RAM assigned for Intel Integrated GPU. You can't and you don't need to do this. The size of RAM assigned for Intel GPU is controlled dynamically by the driver and Windows. Usually it is about half of RAM. So, more RAM you have installed, more RAM can be assigned for graphics..
  2. Please read more about this subject here.

Leon

BDias5
Novice

i put 6 gb of ram, i can do this?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Read the "How much graphics memory does my computer have?" in the Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Graphics Memory on Windows® 10 . You should have about 2GB (or more) RAM assigned for graphics.

Leon

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If your device supports 6gb, good. But your graphcis will use 2GB of system memory.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics-drivers.html

Look under "What is the maximum amount of graphics memory or video memory my computer can use?"

As for dedicated memory, it is controlled by the bios of your device and rarely will you see it go above 128MB. As they say, it is old school.

Doc

0 Kudos
BDias5
Novice

A surprise, I managed to dedicate 2gb of VRAM on my GPU (Regedit> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> Software> Intel.) Create a new folder called GMM, Create a key with binary value (In my case 64BitsDWORQ.) And then customize the key name and put "MemoryDedicadedSize." And customize the value, I made the value 2048mb, and when restarting my machine, I already had 2GB of dedicated RAM