Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Issue with bar on screen in browsers and windows explorer.

ZNyki
Beginner

Hello,

In my local company I have a lot of laptops with intel integrated graphics card and windows 10. Mostly it is combination in laptop+external monitor.

It mostly happenes when people edit word files on windows file server.

Latest drivers from manufacturer (dell, hp) are installed.

Can anybody help me?error.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Hello ZNyki, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support. In order to better assist you we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system: Could you please provide the complete model of some of the laptops in there? Which is the current graphics driver version installed? Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? Was it working fine before? This problem, it happens with all the browsers? What is the name of the application showing the problem? THe problem happens with all the application that you use? You mentioned that the laptops are using Windows* 10, but you did mentioned that there is a problem with Windows* file server, so, the operating system is it Windows* 10 or Windows* Server? Could you please provide a video when this problem happens so we can have a better description of the problem? Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
ZNyki
Beginner

Hello,

Some laptops:

Dell Latitude 5490

Dell Latitude 7390

Dell Vostro 3578.

There are latest drivers installed from dell manufacturer, one is: 23.20.16.4905. There is no changes in hardware.

It happenes mostly in chrome, firefox, windows explorer, adobe reader DC.

We use Windows 10 but opening files using Microsoft Word from Windows Server file server - smb protocol.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Hello ZNyki, thank you very much for providing that information. I was checking on Dell's web site for the latest graphics drivers available for your laptops. You mentioned that the latest graphics driver version installed in the laptops is 23.20.16.4905. According to Dell's web site there are newer divers available for the Dell Latitude 5490 and Latitude 7390 25.20.100.6472 ,A12: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=2XGKG&osCode=WT64A&productCode=latitude-14-5490-laptop Please make sure all the drivers are up top date, same thing with the Windows* updates, you can look for "Settings" then select "Updates and Security" and install the latest updates. If by any chance the problem persists, please provide the name of the application or applications that are showing the problem and a video of the issue for us to provide the most accurate assistance. Regards, Alberto R.
0 Kudos
ZNyki
Beginner

Hello,

On Dell Vostro 3578 i have installed latest drivers and updates.

Yesterday I've installed graphics drivers in 5490 from page that you send but it didn't help.

I can make a video because it not happens regulary.

Applications thar are used: Microsoft Office 2016, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Windows Explorer.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee
Hello ZNyki, Thank you very much for letting us know those details. Since the issue happens randomly we suggest to test the drivers that you just updated for a couple of days to confirm if the problem persists. If the problem remains, then we can try to install the latest Intel® generic graphics driver version DCH 25.20.100.6519: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28515/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=98909 If by any chance some of the laptops are using a different graphics controller, you can always try find the proper drivers for it in the following link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ If the issue continues after trying the steps above, then the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the laptops, which is Dell, to report this issue and to check if they can do a driver debugging or to confirm if there might be a customized graphics driver for your platform: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04 Please let us know the results. Regards, Alberto R. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos