Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Issue with two monitors run 2560x1440

Victor_flores
Beginner

Hello to tall.

I'm currently having issues with two monitors connected trough a docking station with DP, but I can't get 2560x1440 in two monitors, when I connected the first one, the resolution goes well, but when I connected the second one, the resolution on the first one goes lower, I have all the drivers updated and the intel software installed correctly, but I just can get this resolution on one monitor at time.

These are the details of the laptop:
Dell 5310 2-in-1
10th Generation Intel Core i7-10610U (4 Core, 8M cache, base 1.8GHz, up to 4.9GHz, vPro)
Intel UHD Graphics 620 con DisplayPort Type-C
32 GB DDR4 (2 x 16 GB)

Docking station specs:
Dell WD19TB

Monitors:
hp27i

I tried to find the maximum performance for this kind of processor and graphics card, but is not so clear for me. Hope can find a solution or need to know if this combination is not possible with this devices.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Victor_flores, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Also, please attach the Intel® Graphis Report to verify how the monitors are detected by the computer:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Victor_flores
Beginner

Hello Alberto,

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

I'm adding answers for this questions:

Is this a new computer?, yes, is a brand new computer with corporate image

When did you purchase it?, December 2020

Was it working fine before?, no, in fact, laptop and docking station are brand new

When did the issue start?, always, never worked since tests were performed

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?, this is not applicable because all hardware are new

Which Windows* version are you using? Windows 10 Enterprise

I'm trying to collect the info, this is because the laptop is beign used by a executive director of my corporation.

thank you so much once again

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Victor_flores, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information.

Just to let you know, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in Dell's web site and the latest Graphics driver version they have available in there is 26.20.100.8141, A04, please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the link below:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=979m0&oscode=wt64a&productcode=latitude-13-5310-laptop

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

If the problem persists after that, then try a clean installation of the Genric driver this time provided by Intel®, version 27.20.100.9168:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30148/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

If the issue remains and if it is possible for you, please provide the SSU and the Graphics report using the links provided previously while the 2 monitors are connected to the laptop.

Do you have the option to connect the monitors to the laptop but without using the docking station?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Victor_flores, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Victor_flores
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

So sorry for delay, I'm trying to install the generic driver to the laptop, but the user is so busy, I just got the log (attached), and about the tests with different cables it was not possible because the monitors just have DP, so is just possible to try with docking station.

I will try to contact him again and try with generic driver and hope that will help on this.

Many thanks again for your support.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Victor_flores, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

No problem at all, go ahead and take your time in doing the testings, once you get the chance please let us know the results so, if necessary, we can further assist you.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Victor_flores, I just wanted to verify if aby any chance you already have the results of the testings and if more assistance is needed?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Victor_flores
Beginner

Hi Alberto,

I think that the user will not be available for try all this tests with his laptop, so I guess that we can close this, I'm sorry for this inconvenience and many thanks for all your support and time.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi Victor_flores, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

No problem at all, we completely understand, we really hope the problem got fixed for the customer.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos