Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21335 Discussions

Keyboard mistyping

MJV821
Beginner

I have a Dell Precision 7560 where the keyboard keep mistyping. I have worked with Dell support and have tried repairing and completely uninstalling and reinstalling the Intel HID Event Filter Driver Version 2.2.1384,A16. Dell replaced the keyboard still having the same issue. Has anyone had this issue and found a resolution? Is there a new driver? Dell wants me to reinstall Windows which I am hesitant to do because of all the various software that the end user has on the laptop. Laptop is running Win 10 - 1909

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Is there some reason why you have not updated windows?  1909 was four years ago. 

I would update to 22H2 and then install the dell chipset inf.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
MJV821
Beginner

It is a corporate computer and they haven't pushed out 22H2. I can do it manually though. I brought that up to the Dell tech and he said that wouldn't help.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User
Just a thought: start up the Windows 22H2 installer (you'll have to download image and create flash disk for this) and see whether the keyboard acts improperly during the early data collection scenes (i.e., before it would touch existing image).
...S
0 Kudos