Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Kind of artifacts in buttons, some apps, just caused by certain drivers in Iris Xe

Gab
Beginner

Hey my name is Gab, i have i5 1135g7 cpu with iris xe graphics, and i'm having issues after installing certain driver versions. When i install the 31.101.4032 or more older driver version, a kind of artifact appears on the screen

https://clipchamp.com/watch/wsJ5ngE8jiT 

If some people know how to solve it, i'll be very grateful

Cheers, Gab.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Gab,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing artifact issues with your system.

To have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

• When did the issue start?
  • What are the affected applications by this issue?
  • Have you installed all the Operating System updates?

For this issue, I advise you to perform a clean installation of the graphics driver. Corrupted files from previous installations of drivers can linger on a system which can cause driver updates to not work as expected. 

When you are following the clean installation steps, install our latest Intel Generic driver: 31.0.101.3790, Intel’s generic graphics drivers are intended for testing.

It is also important to mention that there are two different types of drivers, generics provided by Intel and Equipment Manufacturer drivers, that are customized to work with each specific system. The best thing to do is to use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer (OEM).

Best regards,

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Gab
Beginner

The problem started after i stopped playing asseto corsa, after stopped, i've open microsoft edge and noticied some white bars in the top of the screen.

The applications affected by this problems are browsers, video editors, start menu, but never in games.

Yes, i've installed all system updates in windows updates

I tried clean installation, and install the driver mensionatated, and i've got the same problem. I installed oem driver (Lenovo) 30.0.101.1692, and same problem. So i installed a more older oem driver 30.0.100.9864 (september 2021) and solved. But this driver don't have this curently optimizations, and some features.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Gab,

Thanks for your answer.

Regarding your issue, I would like to confirm more information, so please, provide the following:

• Is the issue present since you installed the game, or it appears once you stop playing Assetto Corsa?
  • What is the game Distribution Service ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect)?
  • Could you try and check if the issue is present when using an external monitor?
  • Check if the issue is present on the BIOS menu
  • Also, to gather the information that will help us troubleshoot your issue, please provide us with a report using the Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU).
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Gab
Beginner

Hello Jean.

The issue started after i stop playing normally assetto corsa, like other days, but from nowhere started after i closed the game.

The game distribution are Steam.

The issue isn't present on bios

Down there are the summary save

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Gab,

I appreciate the information provided.

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Gab,

We appreciate your patience.

This time I would like to recommend you testing or driver 31.0.101.4032. This one is the latest driver for your Iris® Xe Graphics.

Also, I would like to confirm more information about the issue:

• Please, provide me with the proper step-by-step, explaining how the problem is triggered.
  • If you don't open assetto corsa, do you have the issue?
  • Is this the only game causing this problem?

Best regards,

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Gab,

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello Gab,

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Gab
Beginner

Hey, sorry for taking so long to answer, i was travelling and have no time for nothing, but i have good news. wen i came back, the intel updater installed the newest version of the driver (4034) and solved all problems.

The problem triggered when im playing normally, the screen blacked(i think the intel updater installed a driver update, but im not sure) and the game closed, so i opened again the game, and the game are normal. After i close the game, i opened the browser to see youtube video, and there i saw the problem.

If i dont open assetto corsa the problem be there

The problem isnt in the game, just started after screen blacked and the game crashed,  like a driver installation.

0 Kudos