Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Laptop screen flickers

PunitB
Beginner

Attached is the system information, please suggest the solution asap..

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello PunitB

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share more information with us:

• When did this issue start?
  • Does this same thing happen with the Microsoft Basic Display adapter (uninstalling the graphics driver)?
  • Does this happen with a specific application?
  • Do you get the same problem with a second monitor?
  • Please share a short video with us to get a better understanding of the problem.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
PunitB
Beginner

Hi, this is a new laptop just bought couple of weeks back.

Yes i have unistalled and installed the intel graphics driver from device manager

No, it happens from browser tab to tab and with any applications as well

I have second monitor which is HD TV - it happens over the same as well

I will share the video in the next reply

0 Kudos
PunitB
Beginner

Here is a short video...flicker may not be prominent. But the brightness changes from tab to tab and from screen to screen

0 Kudos
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

If it's brand new, that sounds like a loose connection somewhere ... especially for the laptop monitor.  Fact the second monitor also does it makes it more complicated, but I'm still going to guess it's a manufacturing defect.   You might not want to keep it too long before sending it back!

0 Kudos
PunitB
Beginner

hi, thanks for the quick response. Whats the process of getting it repaired or sending back to service center? 

0 Kudos
ClariceStarling
Valued Contributor II

To return under warranty you have to go to the Dell website for a Dell computer!

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thanks for the information provided by @PunitB. If the same thing happens with different manufacturer's drivers, Intel drivers, and even no driver (Microsoft Basic Display Adapter) it means that the drivers are not the problem. 

In the video the problem is not very noticeable but if you want a physical evaluation of the system, check directly with the manufacturer of the laptop or with the place of purchase.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos