Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21019 Discussions

Last update I recieved from Intel Driver Support Assistant broke my HDMI audio

debica
Novice

I think it was a Intel Iris Xe Graphics driver update. The laptop was updating while it was connected to my tv via a HDMI cabel. Started watching a show and a minute and a half into it some error pops up in the web video player. I refresh. Same error. I refresh using Ctrl + F5. The player starts but without sound. I investigate and realise there is an error with the tv audio driver. I follow this tutorial since that is the error that I'm getting: https://softwarekeep.com/help-center/how-to-fix-the-audio-services-not-responding-error-in-windows-10. Method 4 removed the driver completely from my laptop. Now when I play media on it the sound comes from the laptop even though it's connected to the tv and the tv displays the video. I guess thats because the audio driver for the tv is gone. Method 4 claimed that: "After you uninstall the device and driver, click on the Scan for hardware changes button. This will install the default sound drivers", but the default sound driver did not install. Any help apriciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
debica
Novice

Since I was unsure of how to check number 4, I went to Lenovos official driver site, let it scan my laptop for it's model and serial number and it recommended me a bunch of drivers based on that. I installed the only graphic drivers it was recommending for Windows 10 Intel graphics and the problem was resolved!! Thanks a lot!!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello debica,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your audio.  

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. What is the brand and model name of your processor?

2. What is the brand and model name of your laptop?

3. Can you take a picture of the drivers that Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) is asking?

4. Does this issue happen with the drivers from the laptop manufacturer?

5. Just to confirm, have you tried with different HDMI cables or another TV?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
debica
Novice

1. 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz

2. Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ITL6

debica_0-1661272429107.png

4. Not sure how to check

5. Tried both, problem persists

0 Kudos
debica
Novice

Since I was unsure of how to check number 4, I went to Lenovos official driver site, let it scan my laptop for it's model and serial number and it recommended me a bunch of drivers based on that. I installed the only graphic drivers it was recommending for Windows 10 Intel graphics and the problem was resolved!! Thanks a lot!!

DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello debica, 

I am glad to know that the issue got fixed after installing the drivers from the manufacturer, bear in mind that the drivers from Lenovo are customized to work perfectly with your laptop. I recommend you keep your system up to date with the drivers, firmware, and BIOS from Lenovo.

I will proceed to close this thread and you can open a new one in case you need further help.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos