Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

Latest Driver Package has problems to render Windows 10 "Start"-overlay with HD 4600 on Displayport

idata
Employee

Hi Intel,

the driver for 4771 HD 4600 and Windows 10 still have problems on my system (I7-4771 16 GB ASUS Z97-A, Eizo EV2736W Displayport):

1. all drivers published since july except 4252 cannot render W10 Start Flyout correctly. Colors are incorrect and not stable.
  2. When switching the display off and on again, the driver resets the screen to a 1024x768 resolution and then updates it to the resolution set by W10

The default driver from Microsoft has no problems to handle the setup.

What can I do to correct the situation?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Jörgen,

Does the issue persists with the following version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25489/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Amy,

Glad to hear from you . But no, I did not test the new version because it was not announced by Bruce here. Nevertheless I'll give it a try. I'll post the results here. Pls. keep in mind that the workaround I published based on the research of zeqzy is a valid proof, that the problem is caused by the CMAA feature.

Best regards

Jörg

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Amy,

sorry but I have only partly good news:

1. Blurring the "Start"-Menu seems to be fixed. At least in my short verification test, the Start-menu was still unblurred after 5 Minutes of operation.
  2. The second stress test for CMAA was again unsuccessful. When using a Remote Desktop Server, the images sent from there started to blur immediately when launched and remained until CMAA was disabled and again and the AA-buffer was cleared by a new boot. Pls. see the attached PNG.

I guess that the Start-Program was added to the list of "improper" apps for CMAA and the Remote Desktop Client was not added.

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Please fill out the following form and post it here, make sure to follow closely all the instructions so we can investigate this issue.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
JEFFREY_F_Intel
Employee

It looks like the CMAA post processing filter is being applied to the desktop remoting software.

You should not have the CMAA feature enabled in control panel during normal use - turn it on just before launching games; turn it off after done gaming.

0 Kudos