Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20947 Discussions

Latest driver in old system

OldMan50
Beginner

Backstory:

SLOWLY updating my system, started with an upgrade of a graphics card with the A750 (from a 750Ti)

MB is an Asus Z97-A  (bios rev 2015), CPU a 4th gen Intel, 32GB DDR3.

Motherboard does not appear to support Resizeable BAR ... BUT does allow the 4G decoding.

Installed A750, updated drivers to ....4255, worked nicely.

The current situation:

This morning, updated drivers to latest (4314) and an issue.

Booted into windows (10), allowed login via password and loaded in desktop. Was presented with a functioning mouse pointer but could not access programs or start menu.

Currently resolved by removing the A750 and re-installing the 750Ti.

New mb/cpu/ram not arriving till June so the system will be in its current configuration for that time, but would like to use the A750.

Would like to know how to roll the driver back to 4255 or what would my options be?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

@OldMan50 wrote:

Would like to know how to roll the driver back to 4255 or what would my options be?

Boot in safe mode

Right-click START

open device manager -> graphics card -> properties -> driver -> previous version

0 Kudos
OldMan50
Beginner

Thank you for your reply Stefan, I will go down that route when I have replaced the A750 back into the computer

Is there any way that I can proceed with rolling back the drivers WITHOUT having the associated graphics card in the machine?

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello OldMan50

Thank you for posting in the Intel Communities. I am sorry that you are experiencing freezing issues when installing the driver version 31.0.101.4314 on your system.

If I may jump into the conversation I would like to let you know that the GPU will need to be installed in order to roll back the driver to the previous one so the system can recognize the display adapter.

We would also like to recommend you to update and test the latest driver version 31.0.101.4335. First, uninstall the current driver using Display Driver Uninstaller. Once uninstalled, install version 31.0.101.4335.

If the issue still persists, please create a log file with the Intel® System Support Utility and attach it to your response.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello OldMan50  

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
tawrus80
Novice

Hugo,

I had the same symptoms with the .4314 driver as OldMan50.  I tried the .4335 beta driver you suggested and, again, had it freeze (with live mouse) after install as well as reboot.  I reverted back to .4255 and all is well now.

The larger thread on this issue is here;

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/arc-a750-display-freeze-after-updating-to-latest-driver/m-p/1481188

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello tawrus80

Thank you for posting. We are currently investigating this issue and so far seems to be related to older hardware not listed in our requirements article and that generally do not have support for Resizable Bar.

The owner of this thread has not posted for a while now and in that case, the thread will no longer be monitored. Please in order to further assist, create a new thread and post the log files from Intel® System Support Utility and Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC).

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello OldMan50

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. As mentioned in my last post the issue is being investigated, however, we cannot commit to a specific outcome or estimated time for resolution since the issue is happening in older configurations. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos