Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1 version 3496

ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Windows* 7/8/8.1 GFX Driver Version 3496

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1. The version is 3496 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: Driver Download http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23713 here - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23713/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3496_32.pdf here

64-bit: Driver Download http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714 here - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23714/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3496_64.pdf here

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Please provide only constructive feedback here. Harassing comments, needless insults and personal attacks are not permitted, and will be promptly deleted.

If there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

98 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ NikosD, thanks for the feedback. We are looking into the issue you point out.

Robert

0 Kudos
AMacD5
Beginner

Hey, just managed to try out the suggestions from suyash691 and Dre. As long as textures are on low it seems fine. To bad cause it does look much nicer on high. Oh well, still it is good on low. Now if only there was a fix for the blackout spots with out turning off dynamic lighting! I'm not sure which I Find more annoying, lol. Thanks for the help. If anyone does figure out how to fix that black out thing let me know. I notice less when running 64bit but there are quite a few spots it happens every time like the rug in the first room, the first door you get to lock pick as well as the floor in that room and tons of other places through out. Only thing about Thief that bugs me.

0 Kudos
DJ1
Beginner

Yeah I agree with you, Jibpsy. It even happens in some of the cutscenes for brief moments which is itself is pretty bad. I actually haven't picked it up again for some time just because of these little annoyances. At times the game seems great, and others feels like a patched together piece. Anyways, for anyone who didn't already know, as I some how didn't until recently, the racing game Grid 2 is actually optimized for Intel and runs well on 720p with this current driver and is a hell of a game for casual racing fans.

0 Kudos
JSkau
New Contributor II

Is there a reason why Intel remain pretty much silent on the Netflix DD+ / PAP issues? We're not that naive, expecting a fix overnight - but a little intel (pun intended) - progression, stage, any work on IME driver, if Intel has a new approach to PAP... any little bit will help much. Just leaving your customers in total darkness, is fueling frustration and hurting sales. I already know several people that canceled their NUC orders - not due to this problem itself - but the complete lack of acknowledgement and any indication wether it might get fixed or not.

0 Kudos
PMoor4
Beginner

I just wanted to check in on on Driver updates for the DD+ Netflix issues that I am having with the HD4000 chipset. Any words on a release date in the near future?

0 Kudos
GSeri
Beginner

I'm copying this a previous post upon request from Kevin_Intel. Still having the same problems. I have an I7-3770 on a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with Windows 8.1 OS, 16GB DDR3. I've been using an NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE because I wanted an S-video option. Now I want to use the onboard HDMI and couldn't download the latest driver. As is, the HDMI gives me a blank a screen. If I boot up with DVI or VGA, everything goes blank when I plug in HDMI. I've tried every method of updating the video driver. I've tried using the update option in the Device Manger. I've tried downloading and running the EXE file. I've downloaded the ZIP file and tried to install manually. Every method crashed the system.

I tried the option - Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. I cannot install driver versions 10.18.10.3316 [10/1/2013], 10.18.10.3412 [1/29/2014], 10.18.10.3496 [3/12/2014], no matter what method I use. So I uninstalled HD 4000 from the device manager and when the computer restarted, HD 4000 returned with the latest driver, 10.18.10.3496 [3/12/2014]

Now the problem is worse. The problem was HDMI. Now VGA, DVI and HDMI all crash the video. If I boot up with a monitor plugged into the GeForce 7400 LE it works until I try to plug into any onboard video. Then all screens go black except I can see the mouse cursor. If I unplug from the onboard video, I'm back at the login screen.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Germain, Have you tried this:

1. Uninstall NVIDIA graphics drivers

3. Reboot

2. Uninstall Intel HD Graphics drivers

4. Reboot

5. Install latest Intel HD Graphics driver

6. Reboot

7. Install latest NVIDIA graphics driver

8. Reboot

Robert

0 Kudos
GSeri
Beginner

WOW! That's a lot of steps but it worked. Don't understand how, but you're definitely the right man for this job.

0 Kudos
XFiTr
Novice

Hi Robert,

In the case of Notebook with an Intel hd 4000 and 3rd party card (in probook 4540s is AMD 7650m)

The uninstalling and installing graphics drivers process,

would be done in the same order(explained to germain)?

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Bokefas, Yes. The same steps apply.

Robert

0 Kudos
XFiTr
Novice

After uninstalling drivers(first amd and then Intel)

Look what shows device maneger graphics properties...

What can i do??

After reboot "warning" the system can not find "igfxtray.exe"

0 Kudos
JSkau
New Contributor II

Please read my previous post. If you're going to uninstall drivers. DO NOT do it through device manager, unless explicitly instructed to. Things like display drivers have tons of other stuff related to it beyond the core driver(s), and all this will be left behind and cause a lot of trouble and errors. Go through either Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs (/Programs and functions), or through start menu if the driver software package has an uninstall shortcut.

I'm not big on spanish - but Windows does need to add a "basic display adapter" to make video output work. Dis should be overwritten when you install the proper drivers.

0 Kudos
GSeri
Beginner

Cyberlink BD Advisor is saying the driver 10.18.10.3496 driver is not HDCP compliant. It also says the Display is not compliant either. This is with the GeForce 7300 LE graphics card disabled. I removed the graphics card altogether. No help. I discovered I could run dual monitors plugged into the onboard DVI and HDMI for very long without crashing the system again. So I put the graphics card back. Not sure if Intel HD 4000 is supposed be able to drive two digital displays by itself, so that's just FYI. I'm using an old Panasonic TH-PX60U which definitely came out before HDMI 1.4, so the Cyberlink BD Advisor may see the Intel HD 4000 driving in HDMI 1.2 or 1.3 say that's not HDCP compliant. I'll have to borrow an HDMI display that's a little younger.

0 Kudos
GSeri
Beginner

So even with no graphics card in the machine, the BD Advisor still says this new driver is not HDCP compliant. I even tried a much newer Toshiba 24SL410U. I can't seem play Blu-ray with this driver.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Germain, I have tested the 3496 driver on several systems and Blu-Ray disks play with no issues. Additionally, I downloaded the latest version of BD Advisor and all tests passed with no issues. For playback I am using Power DVD 11*.

Robert

0 Kudos
GSeri
Beginner

I think I was using Power DVD 9 or 10. Ironically, the whole system has now quit. It started as a failure to boot, then I lost all video. I pulled the battery and cleared the CMOS. I was able to get into the BIOS/UEFI but when I decided to work on it in a different location, it quit powering up all together. I tested the power supply. All voltages normal. I double checked by plugging a different power supply. I tested the switch and jumped the pins on the MB. It's as dead as it gets. So I ordered an AS Rock Pro-4 H77 board. The Z68 MBs are practically extinct and since I don't plan to overclock or run dual PCI-e graphics cards I don't need the Z77 chipset. I'll give you more feedback in a week when I get the MB and put Frankenstein back together.

0 Kudos
GSeri
Beginner

Cyberlink BD Advisor is saying the driver 10.18.10.3496 driver is not HDCP compliant. It also says the Display is not compliant either. This is with the 7300 LE graphic card disabled. I'm going to try removing the card altogether.

0 Kudos
JSkau
New Contributor II

Uninstalling large, elaborate driver packages like todays display drivers, just through the device manager - would likely leave a lot of files and registry entries behind. Actually - by default settings, Windows will leave the driver intact if you just remove the device in Device Manager. This is why many/most devices will "reinstall" after reboot if you removed them in this manner.

Beyond that, with a proper uninstall - some things stay loaded in memory, and some files may be locked by your OS. When you do a reboot afterwards - locked files are removed either during shutdown or upon reboot. The same goes when installing drivers; Some things will not be loaded until after a reboot.

When installing separate driver packages - always do a reboot between them unless explicitly instructed otherwise. "The next" driver installed may require, or install and behave very differently - depending on what is already installed and fully loaded.

It can be a bit time consuming if your system is slow to boot - but it ususally helps alot with these kinds of things. Larger driver "bundles" with a single executable are usually designed with these things in mind, and will install, register and load drivers in the necessary sequence on its own - and instruct or perform any necessary reboots on its own.

-----

If you ever really need to uninstall a device through Device Manager; Right-click on it > Properties > Driver tab > Uninstall driver . You will then get a pop-up asking if you want to delete the drivers too. This can be useful if for instance a USB device was automatically mismatched to a wrong driver. When installing the "correct driver" - make sure you either set Windows update to "never download drivers from windows update" while doing so, or disconnect from your network. BIG NOTE: Even if you uninstall the driver files - Windows registry makes a link between that driver and the device's unique ID - and if that "wrong driver" happened to be a windows OS embedded driver (like USB etc) this registry entry can NOT be deleted. Period.

GSeri
Beginner

That's exactly what I did. I used the Device Manager to uninstall the Display Adapters but left the box empty to delete the drivers. Then, each time I rebooted, the Display Adapters reinstalled themselves in the correct order. You're so right that the order in which the adapters and drivers are installed make a difference.

0 Kudos
rambomhtri
New Contributor II

Hi, I've installed the latest driver 10.18.10.3496 for my HD 4600 of an i7-4700MQ, using Windows 8.1 x64, and also tried that driver's BETA a week ago or so. In both cases, I've found a bug, annoying enough to downgrade to the previous one. The bug is that when I right-click in desktop (to go to context menu), it takes 5 sec to LOAD the menu, and it should be instant, as it is with the driver10.18.10.3496 I have now. I also think that that delay affected to more context menu, so it's really frustrating to use the PC.

Is this bug known and is it fixed now?

THANKS!
0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ rambomhtri, Could you please post the details of your system configuration? Also if you could attach the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel report that would be helpful.

To get the report, Right Click Desktop --> Graphics Properties --. click Options and Support --> on title bar dropdown click Information Center --> bottom right corner click Save. After saving the report please attach to this thread.

Robert