Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20728 Discussions

Latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1 version 3496

ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Windows* 7/8/8.1 GFX Driver Version 3496

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 7, 8, & 8.1. The version is 3496 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: Driver Download http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23713 here - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23713/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3496_32.pdf here

64-bit: Driver Download http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714 here - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23714/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3496_64.pdf here

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Please provide only constructive feedback here. Harassing comments, needless insults and personal attacks are not permitted, and will be promptly deleted.

If there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

98 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ Sampy, could you please post the steps to reproduce the Lync issue?

0 Kudos
RStei4
Beginner

@Robert: I made some additional tests. I tried to reproduce the issue with two different colleagues (A=1440x900; B=1680x1050), but it crashed only with one of them (B).

Steps to reproduce:

1) Other party has to start a screen sharing session.

2) Click on the icon "Actual Size"(*)

3) Crash

Maximizing the window or the Icon "Fit to Screen" works fine.

Here is a screenshot: http://666kb.com/i/cny2ju2tigb0ocvet.jpg http://666kb.com/i/cny2ju2tigb0ocvet.jpg

(*) Actual size shows the content as it appears on presenter's screen without scaling. This means if presented content is bigger than what can fit in your Lync window, scroll bars will be shown. (http://blogs.technet.com/b/lync/archive/2012/11/02/presenting-your-screen-in-lync-2013.aspx Presenting your Screen with Lync 2013 - Lync Team Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs)

0 Kudos
JSton8
Beginner

Ok, I'm hoping im on the right thread. Intel doesnt make this very easy to comprehend.

I bought Titanfall a couple weeks ago but moved so haven't bee able to work on trying to figure out whats wrong. I have an Asus K53E laptop with an I5 core @2.40 GHz w/ * GB of Ramm, using Intel HD 3000 graphics. I've tried installing the beta graphics package for the game and every time it says my system doesnt meet minimum requirements, when it does. So i'll go in and Re-install using recommended settings, and it says I have an invalid file name that shares the name with a file and is outdated. Then i'll close out of that warning and it shuts my system down.

Anyone able to help with this fustercluck?

0 Kudos
vb5
Beginner

Beware...NUC D54250WYKH with Windows 8.1 cannot be reached via TeamViewer once the display, connected to via HDMI, is turned off. When will there be an update to this issue? This is quite a drawback for deploying / managing NUC's remotely. It will be difficult to recommend this great little solution until a fix is developed. Seems this has been an issue for several months which is quite alarming.

0 Kudos
ATayl10
Beginner

Unfortunately you are correct.

Follow this thread for the fix (when they deploy it):

Note - uninstall the intel drivers and use the windows-only ones if you want to be able to turn your monitor on/off and still use the NUC (on-site....doesn't fix the teamviewer headless issue)

Be sure to delete all intel video driver folders off c:\ and c:\program files too.

0 Kudos
MVanC
Beginner

This driver still doesn't fix the HDMI audio problem (audio disappears after turning off / switching TV).

Reboot is required to get audio back.

Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H with bios P9 (=latest)

Mirko

0 Kudos
PGlow
Beginner

Intel HD Graphics 4000 HDCP Compatibility issues

Hallo,

I just bought a PC for my living room with an Intesl chipset. It is the ZBOX ID83 with i3 and HD4000 graphics. When trying to stream VoD (Amazon Instant) I get an error codes telling me that there seem to be issues with non HDCP compliant devices. I have an older TV that cannot be updated (and I'm seriously wondering why I should buy a new one for HDCP compatibility). However, I tried to stream over another Monitor, a Samsung SyncMaster TA350. I deleted the Microsoft Silverlight Cache and the DRM file, but the Problem persists. I have only connected ONE monitor directly over a HDMI cable and there are no other Output devices.

Uninstalling the Intel Driver solves the Streaming Problem, but unfortunately I Need the Driver for scaling down.

I read through several Forums and Blogs and the Intel live Chat Support couldn't help as well.

I tried to fnd some diagnosis Software to get more Information about the Problem, but I'm afraid HDCP is somehow introduced without proper Software Support and I just cannot locate the Problem.

I also uninstalled my Realktek Audio Driver to check if there is a Problem due to the Audio Signal being fetched byanother Software, but it doesn't help as well (I reinstalled the Intel Driver after uninstalling the Audio Driver).

So instead enjoying my PC I'm only looking for a solution for the 'HDCP bug' and would be very happy for some competent help.

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
PGlow
Beginner

Intel HD Graphics 4000 HDCP Compatibility issues

Forgot: The OS is Win 8.1

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks for all the feedback and information that has been shared on this post. We have visibility of all comments and has been very helpful for our research.

0 Kudos
LAnde10
Novice

I have an Intel Haswell i5-4570 CPU which I understand has integrated Intel HD 4600 graphics.

My monitor is Dell U2312HM and I use Microsoft Windows 8.1

I downloaded the driver (filename: win64_153318.exe, version 15.33.18.64.3496) from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714&lang=eng Download Center and installed it and rebooted my machine.

The graphics were displayed properly on my monitor. However.....about 10 minutes into using my computer, the monitor just went blank. I had to reboot my machine in Safe Mode and remove the said driver. Only then my monitor is able to display graphics.

Under Device Manager, my display adapter currently shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter while under Monitor, the name is Generic PnP monitor.

While I was using Windows Update, I noticed that Microsoft offers a piece of Dell software and an Intel Graphics software. I downloaded and installed them. The result was the same: blank screen after about 10 minutes of normal display. Again I had to go into Safe Mode to remove the two installed drivers. I blacklisted the two drivers from appearing again under Windows Update.

In summary here is my question: Where can I find a working driver for Intel HD 4600 graphics?

0 Kudos
EAlle1
Novice

I have a Yoga 2 Pro with HD Graphics 4400 running on i7-4500U and with a built-in display on 3200 x 1800 resolution (Win 8.1 64). The problem is that games in DirectX 11, running on lower resolutions (e.g. 1600 x 900, because 3200 x 1800 would be a near impossibility for HDG 4400 to handle) do not honour display scaling setting (fit screen size), but instead run on only a quarter of display, centered. When running on DirectX 9, the games scale properly. Also if I lower the resolution from Windows first (e.g. to 1600 x 900), the DirectX 11 games scale properly to fit the screen. The problem also appears with the .3574 beta drivers.

Also, the HD Graphics control panel shows in Finnish language, even though my OS's default language is English (I live in Finland, but want to use my computer in English), and there is no way to change the language.

0 Kudos
TDas
Novice

Hi,

My system:

Dell Inspiron 7537

Intel HD4400 (Driver 10.18.10.3496)

Nvidia GF GT750m (Driver 9.18.13.3523)

Whenever I play any game in lower than 1920x1080, the game in centered in display, not scaled up to full screen.

This issue is not in other systems with Direct Nvidia or ATI adapter, without hybrid graphix config.

INTEL please add fullscreen scaling to application running in lower resolution than desktop resolution.

0 Kudos
MHarv5
New Contributor I

Hi all,

Sylvia from Intel referred me to this thread due to problems with the Intel video driver 3496 on Intel NUC D54250WYK.

I started a /message/235613# 235613 discussion on NUC forum, but as this thread is related to video driver(s), I'd just like to chime in and report problems with the video driver 3496 (64 bit version) for the HD5000.

My setup is as follows:

- NUC D54250WYK (Intel HD5000 graphics)

- Kingston 8GB RAM (model KVR16LS11/8 DDR3L CL11 , certified for the NUC)

- Intel mSATA SSD 530 series, 180 GB

- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth

- Logitech K360 wireless keyboard and T400 wireless mouse connected over unifying receiver

- Dell U2412 monitor connected over mini-DP to DP cable

- Windows 7 Ultimate x64

- drivers for GE LAN, WiFi/BT, USB3.0 and Intel Rapid storage technology installed

- latest BIOS 0025 installed (experienced the same issue with first official BIOS revision)

The problem: after thehttps://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23729&lang=eng Intel HD5000 video driver 3496 was installed, the NUC was often freezing with screen corruption and then the screen went black as the NUC powered itself off. Sometimes it then rebooted automatically, and sometimes I had to force power off.

As advised by other users, I tried using a wired keyboard and mouse and uninstalling Logitech software, but the issue persisted.

After Windows was reinstalled from scratch, I connected the unifying receiver over USB extender cable to move it away from the NUC. This has resulted in screen corruptions and Windows freezing, but there was no more automatic poweroff and poweron. Now I had to manually force power off.

I have eliminated all other drivers and software and found out that as soon as the Intel HD5000 graphics driver is installed, the screen corruption appears (disregard the white blob, it's a camera flash) and NUC freezes:

I could not reproduce it successfully: it appears randomly, but often and definitely only with the Intel graphics driver installed. As soon as I revert back to Microsoft's standard VGA graphics driver, the NUC is stable and can work for hours without any issue. I also tried with earlier driver version 3412, with same results.

There are no errors related to video drivers in Windows logs.

For test sake, I also booted Linux Mint 16 x64 live distribution from USB stick, and experienced the same issue there (although as I understood, Linux is not officially supported OS on the NUC - test was done with unifying receiver connected directly to NUC chassis and then with wired mouse/keyboard). Now, having said that, I would be prepared to think that the NUC was faulty, but how can it then work properly with Microsoft graphics driver? Everything else also works normally.

I would appreciate if anyone could let me know if such issues were reported already, and can a fix be expected. If I can provide you with any logs, or do additional tests, please let me know. This is quite frustrating and actually prevents a recommendation of otherwise great device which could have some fabulous possibilities in many environments.

Thanks,

/HarveyV

0 Kudos
ACecc
Beginner

Hi,

I have recently bought a NUC D54250WYKH and I am having similar issues to yours. I find my NUC locked without video signal and I had to force the power-off and restart it.

I have checked better and following your report on your problem I have verified that my NUC freezes just when I turn off the monitor. When I switch off the monitor while the NUC is running, a blue screen turns up. I could see it because I tried to reswitch immediatly back on the monitor.

I tried to uninstall the video driver and with the generic windows driver the issue is gone.

0 Kudos
CKaru1
Beginner

Hey Robert

thanks for the informative post. even after following your info exactly to the letter i'm still having the same issue discussed in the post

it seems the full screen option is missing in the tray icon when i'm running in the native resolution the only way to scale the game running at a lower resolution is by turning the windows resolution down a notch for me to get the option of "scale full screen" in the "panel fit" option even though this seems to fix the issue its an annoyance to change the windows resolution down every time i wan to play a game at a lower resolution than the native 1080p resolution of my pc

is there any chance that this issue will get fixed in the future?

thanks for your time

my system specs are as follows

TOSHIBA satellite p50t-a

intel hd graphics 4000 + nvidia geforce gt 740m

intel i7-3537u

8gb RAM

0 Kudos